We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qus about a weekend to Bellagio

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Qus about a weekend to Bellagio

I am looking into staying in Lake Como for a weekend at the end of April. We would be flying into Milan Bergamo airport. As we are only there 2 nights, would you recommend staying near Como Town or Bellagio?

What is the easiest way to get to Bellagio? Was thinking of hiring a car and driving or is public transport easier? On departure our flight from Bergamo would be leaving at 10:00am on a Sunday so I was a little worried about relying on public transport?

Would appreciate any advice from seasoned Lake Como travellers as this will be my last trip abroad before having my 2nd child so want it to be perfect!

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Qus about a weekend to Bellagio

Dear Lisa, first of all a lot of whises.

I suggest you, only for 2 nights stay, to rent a car.

Como lake is served by public transport but arriving in Bergamo airport you need catch a bus for reach railway station and then catch a train for reach the lake.

Also for your early return it should be a problem.

If you stay longer it is no a problem because you can spend some time in public transports but for a week end i think it's better rent a car.

The most interesting area of the Lake, is the central part.

You can easily reach by car Bellagio from Bergamo in about 1 hour and half. Road along the lake (25 KMS) is narrow but it is very panoramic and you can drive slowly and enjoy the wonderful panorama.

Once you are in Bellagio car is no needed.

You can easily visit by foot the village, the villas and gardens and reach by ferry in few minutes a lot of interesting spots in the central area of the lake.

You can visit tourist web-site www.bellagiolakecomo.com

Bellagio offers hotels from 1 to 5 stars, a lot of self catering accommodations.

You will find also special weekend deals.

Enjoy Brezza

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qus about a weekend to Bellagio

Many thanks for your reply Brezza.

Will I have to pay to park the car somewhere or is it fairly easy?

West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qus about a weekend to Bellagio

Agree with Brezza. Base yourself in Bellagio - it's a wonderful place - and hire a car. Water bus services around the lake are cheap and reliable.

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Qus about a weekend to Bellagio

Dear Lisa,

Bellagio historic centre is pedestrian only and you can park your car in the public free park just 2 minutes walk from the centre.

If you stay in the historic centre you can easily reach by foot the landing stage (the best way for visit the lake), villas, gardens, restaurants and caffè.

Good luck Brezza

5. Re: Qus about a weekend to Bellagio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 02:17