We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ristorante Mistral vs. Terrazza Serbelloni

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
495 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ristorante Mistral vs. Terrazza Serbelloni

Terrazza Serbelloni and Mistral are the two restaurants at the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni.

Which one do you prefer and why?

Do both of them have outdoor terraces with a lake view?

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ristorante Mistral vs. Terrazza Serbelloni

They do both have outdoor seating on the lake, though Terrazza's is better positioned. If I had to choose, I would probably go with Terrazza Serbelloni.

Mistral and its pretentious "molecular" cuisine just ... irks me. Every time they bring out a plate, the poor waiters have to stand there and describe (in detail) what each dish is and how it was "constructed" before you're allowed to start eating it. I'll admit to enjoying the floor show involved in preparing the liquid-nitrogen-frozen ice cream, but that's about it.

My favorite restaurant in Bellagio at the moment is Alle Darsene -- its tiny terrace is right on the docks at Loppia with a peek-a-boo view of the lake and the new chef is quite good.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,407 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ristorante Mistral vs. Terrazza Serbelloni

Terrazza Serbelloni for a more relaxed atmosphere.

3. Re: Ristorante Mistral vs. Terrazza Serbelloni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Bellagio