We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share private transfer to Malpensa - and transfer questions

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Share private transfer to Malpensa - and transfer questions

We have an EasyJet flight out of Malpensa at 7:00am on Thursday, June 25th. We want to enjoy the full day before it in Bellagio and around the lake, so rather than make our way close to the airport and stay there the night before I have booked a private car to take us to the airport picking us up at 4am.

I have been quoted 165Euros for a Mercedes E Class including tax and fees.

My first question is what, if any, tip should be given for this ride? I haven't taken a taxi or car service over $100 US before and not sure what etiquette would be for this ride.

Secondly, am I correct in assuming that it will take an hour and a half to get to the airport? If so we would arrive at 5:30, is there any chance of significant delays?

Lastly there will only be 2 of us and we don't have a ton of luggage, so if anyone else would happen to be going to Malpensa this day from Bellagio and wants to split the ride let me know.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
524 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Share private transfer to Malpensa - and transfer questions

Sounds like you got a pretty good rate. Though the theoretical "standard" is anywhere between a few Euro and 10%, Italians rarely tip drivers, and since many of the car services around here are owner-operated it's not really necessary. Like anything else, however, if the driver is particularly helpful or makes a special effort on your behalf, feel free to use your own judgment.

As for travel time, an hour and a half sounds accurate to me for a no-significant delay trip, and at that hour it should be a nice quiet ride.

Safe trip!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Share private transfer to Malpensa - and transfer questions

I have booked this transport for 3:30 AM June 25th if anyone would like to share.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
102 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Share private transfer to Malpensa - and transfer questions

I was also quoted 160 euros for the same trip, but decided to do away with crack of dawn wake up and went to Melpensa the night before. It was a good decision, but in your case it sounds different with less flexibility.

I used a car service from Bellogio to Como station for 70 euros and no tip. Business is really down in Como, so negotiate.

4. Re: Share private transfer to Malpensa - and transfer questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Bellagio