We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Bellagio

Hertfordshire
8 posts
Save Topic
Getting married in Bellagio

Hi there

I wondered if anyone could tell me what days of the week you are able to get married in Italy, ideally we would like to get married on a Sunday...

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Bellagio

Each day is good. For tradition we avoid Tuesday and Friday !

Wishes, Brezza

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
566 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Bellagio

That will depend on whether you mean legally married in Italy (obviously you can have a personal ceremony whenever you like) and whether you intend to have a church service or a town hall event.

A civil service means you'll have to work within the town hall's hours as offices won't be open Sunday. According to their site, Bellagio's "comune" or town hall is open from 8:45-12:30 Monday - Friday, and from 4-6:30 p.m. Mondays & Wednesdays. There's a weird blip on the Saturday morning slot, so they may do weddings then, too (or it could be a typo -- Italian Web sites ... not always that predictable).

Catholic services would mean that the officiant would file the papers in city hall for you, but you'd have to meet all their requirements to be married in an Italian church. Some dioceses prohibit Sundays, though I'm fairly certain I've run into wedding parties on the lake on the occasional Sunday.

Try here for more info on all the hoops you'll have to jump through: …fco.gov.uk/en/…

Or track down a good wedding planner to jump for you!

Good luck!

3. Re: Getting married in Bellagio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 05:16