We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Como in late May

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Como in late May

We are thinking of visiting Lake Como in either late May or August (being tied to school holidays). Could anyone tell me what the weather is like at those times? We went to Lake Garda two years ago in August and it was 37 C - too hot for me, although my husband loved it! I read on one website that it rains a lot in May which we would not like.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
524 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Como in late May

I'm always perplexed by this question. No one can predict the weather months in advance. The best you can do is take a look over weather patterns for the last several years and cross your fingers. I've seen gorgeous warm sunny late May weather and weirdly cold & rainy Augusts as well as the reverse. May will be much less crowded, but that's about the only (mostly) definite thing I can tell you.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Como in late May

weather2travel.com/climate-guides/index.php…

May late was there this year in fact was nice not hot not crowded

www.bellagio.info the pearl of the lake is best...

August is hot and chock a block with suntan oil and sweaty folks

and lots more expensive..

So I try to go in late May...

3. Re: Lake Como in late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 05:16