We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

gfa
new jersey
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

I will be arriving in Lake Como after train travel from Venice. I know I can take a train to Milan and then Como or a train to Varenna. I want to take a taxi directly to my hotel in Bellagio because I will have luggage. I know that if I travel from Venice to Como I change trains in Milan. How do you travel to Varenna by train from Venice? Is this a faster train ride from Venice than to Como? Also, if I arrive by train in Varenna will i be able to arrange for a taxi company to drive me to Bellagio? Or is easier to get a taxi if I arrive in Como and then head up to Bellagio? I know that it's a longer car ride from Como to Bellagio. Because of luggage I don't want to do any ferry travel. I know the hotel is a few minutes up hill on a car road. There isn't anyone at the place I will be staying that can come and get us. We are renting an apartment. Much thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,005 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

To get to Varenna from Venice, you also have to change trains in Milan. It is a short downhill walk in Varenna from the train station to the ferry wharf. As the ferry takes motor vehicles, there is a fairly level ramp to get on and off. I think it is unlikely that you will find a taxi in Varenna.

It is 30 km from Como to Bellagio, so I would think a taxi would want around €75 for the journey.

As you intend to travel by train, it is essential that you do not have more luggage than you can*comfortably* handle by yourselves. There is nobody to help you at the stations, there may be stairs to the platforms, and there are always a few steep steps up into the train.

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

you could always pre-book a taxi from Varenna station to Bellagio - Private me if you want the number of a reputable Varenna based taxi service.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

From Milan there's no point in going on to Varenna unless you plan to take the ferry you should get off the train in Lecco and get a taxi from there, it would take about 30 minutes.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
544 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

I'd have to second SydneyNick, here -- lugging your bags on and off trains and navigating stations is going to be far more of a hassle than doing so for the ferry across to Bellagio from Varenna. You can certainly grab a cab from the Bellagio ferry stop to get to your apartment. There's a stand beside the passenger ferry dock, or you can call one of their numbers directly: bellagiolakecomo.com/Ing/…

Otherwise, as others have stated, train to Como or Lecco (Como's a slightly shorter trip, but I'd go by whichever has the shortest express at your departure time) from Milan and catch a cab directly to Bellagio.

Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

Hi Stresa:

I'm trying to find a taxi/private car with driver for under 160E (one way) for a transport (3 adults with luggage) from Milano Centrale to Bellagio - can you recommend a reliable driver.

Thanks.

Judea 123

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

yes I can.

http://www.autoservizisoldarini.com/

They are reliable and extremely professional and have been in the business for years.

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

Here an other address :

http://www.taxibellagio.net/Fares.html

Brezza

8. Re: Taxi travel to Bellagio when arriving in Lake Como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 00:18