We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan, Bellagio, Sirmione, Florence

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Milan, Bellagio, Sirmione, Florence

I need help in getting from Milan to Bellagio in mid September.I am travelling alone. Is the plan to go from Cordona Station in Milan to Varenna okay? Then how do I get to Bellagio? What are they wearing at the lakes at this time of year? Summer clothes, light weight Fall clothes? After 3 days in Bellagio I go to Sirmione. What is the best and quickest way to travel to get there by train. I am at Pace Hotel. I see there are no trains from Sirmione to Florence, so I plan to take a bus to Verona and take the train to Florence. How long does that journey take? Should I make train reservations soon? Many questions but I know fellow travellers have the best info.! Gracie mille.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,997 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan, Bellagio, Sirmione, Florence

Train Milan to Como San Giovanni then bus to Bellagio or Train to Varenna then Ferry to Bellagio

Train: www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Ferry: www.navigazionelaghi.it

Trenitalia train from either Como San Giovanni or Varenna to Peschiera del Garda then bus to Sirmione trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN026.pdf

Trenitalia train Peschiera del Garda to Florence

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,989 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan, Bellagio, Sirmione, Florence

You can go from Milan to Bellagio via Como or via Varenna.

To go via Como, you do best to take a LeNord train from Milan Cadorna station to Como Lago station, which is right at the waterfront. From there, you can take either a bus or a ferry to Bellagio.

To go via Varenna, you take a Trenitalia train from Milan Centrale station to Varenna. Walk downhill to the water front, and take a short ferry ride to Bellagio.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan, Bellagio, Sirmione, Florence

If I had the time I'd ferry it up the lake to Bellagio from Como. Get the feel of the lake before hitting Bellagio. Then you could go to Varenna or Menaggio from Bellagio by ferry while there in about 15 mins or so. Even do the ferry ride to the top of the lake for great views of the Italian Alps.

We were ther in first week of Oct and I wore a jacket over lightweight long sleeves and boots most days. Cold but not freezing...no snow around the mts then. Of course being Ausssie we do feel the cold.

4. Re: Milan, Bellagio, Sirmione, Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 20:17