We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

San Diego
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

We are planning a trip in May. Any advice on staying in Bellagio (Lake Como) or Sirmione (Lake Garda). Thanks!!

1. Re: Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2006, 13:37
Italy
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

Lombardy Traveller and me seem to have a date ;-)!

We also stayed at the S.Giacomo, which found just because we were referred by another apartment in Bellagio, so by chance (in fact they seem to have no web-site)!

From the third floor of the building, where the apartment was located, we could enjoy a great Lake view from the balcony of the living-room and bedroom.

I would strongly suggest Bellagio and S.Giacomo Central Apartment to anyone.

San Diego
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

Thanks for input re: our stay in Como vs. Garda. We have a flight that leaves from Milan (Malpensa airport) on a Monday a.m. at 10:50. What is the surest and quickest way to get there from Bellagio?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,781 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

For contrasts I would choose Lake Garda every time, the small towns around the lake have much more going for them than Lake Como, but its just a matter of taste,

Italy
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

...I forgot.You can contact them here sgcentralapartment@hotmail.it

Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

Never been to Lake Garda, but Lake Como is absolutely wonderful, we went to Bellagio last June and found gardens in bloom.

It was a postcard picture!

Some people say it is overcrowded and touristy, so we went thinking we would have found thousands of people and queues everywhere, but instead it was lively and very pleasant, with nice weather and nice local people.

Our accomodation at the S.Giacomo apartment was just perfect and the only regret we had was:we wish we had stayed more!

A definitive GO FOR IT!

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Como vs. Lake Garda

Lake Como became famuos because George Clooney bought a house there .. I'd prefer lake Garda

Get answers to your questions about Bellagio