We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viale di Vitali in center of town?

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
172 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Viale di Vitali in center of town?

We are considering a rental in this location, but have no car and want to be in the center of town - for atmosphere, as well as convenience...love the "old village" feel.... Is anyone familiar with this location? On the map it doesn't really look like it is in town where the ferry dock is marked, but the website says it is in the center. But I noticed a lot of these placex define "center" or "town" very broadly.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

In a lot of cases, there's a difference between "old"or "historic" center and in-town. Vitali isn't in the stone-stairway historic center, but it would only be about a 5- to 10-minute walk away, depending on where you were on the road. You'd also be within reasonable walking distance of the main supermarkets on Via Volta as well as the Bellagio artisanal dairy shop, all of which will save you money and widen your selection if you're planning on doing any cooking. The tiny markets in the old center have some pretty stunning markups on basic items.

Level Contributor
172 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

Thanks! Are you very familiar with Bellagio? Do you have any recommendations on rentals for 3 days in June? I've gotten a few - but they are all sold out.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

I would guess that the only ones I know off the top of my head are probably booked. I know our house is pretty full for June, but there are quite a few in and around the center. You might also look at Pescallo, the little fishing village just outside the center beyond Hotel Belvedere -- I know they have a couple of rentals. Have you tried all the major sites (VRBO, HomeAway, Homelidays, the BellagioLakeComo.com site, FlipKey/TripAdvisor, etc.)?

Good luck!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

It won't be easy getting something for 3 days, most people will be looking to rent out their accommodation for a week.

Level Contributor
172 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

I thought the ones in pescallo would not be good as we will not have a car. I checked those websites. Any others? Or am I wrong about pescallo needing a car?

Level Contributor
172 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

I thought the ones in pescallo would not be good as we will not have a car. I checked those websites. Any others? Or am I wrong about pescallo needing a car?

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
86 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

Consider staying in Menaggio on the other side and go to Bellagio on the ferry. You will get better value in Menaggio. Also, the agency Happy Holiday Homes does short lets of apartments. www.lakecomohomes.com

See our website www.lakecomoholidayheaven.com

8. Re: Viale di Vitali in center of town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:15