We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

Im taking my parents to Bellagio for a few days and I was thinking of taking them on a tour of Villa Balbianello with Bellagio Water Taxi. Is there a preferred time of day to do this tour?

I've been to Bellagio before but didn't visit VB. we will be there mid Sept

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

I always prefer morning, as its cooler and a little less crowded.

Have you been to Villa Carlotta? Though both are beautiful, I much preferred Villa Carlotta. The paintings in the house are amazing, as are the extensive gardens.

California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

I have been to Villa Carlotta, thank you for your reply

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

Why don't you just take the boat yourself - the slow central lake boat from Bellagio to Lenno....and then either take the 20 quite hilly walk through the headland to Villa Del Balbianello or take the small boat?

I'd go in the morning. Note it is shut on Monday/Wednesdays

STRESA

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

In my opinion Villa Balbianello is one of the most wonderful place on the lake and worth a visit.

You can easily reach Lenno by public boat but i think that a private transport is magic .

Brezza

California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

Thank you for the replies, I have booked tour with Bellagio Water Taxis

St. Louis
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

Villa Balbianello was my absolute favorite spot during our time on Lake Como. I agree, the morning would be the perfect time. The grounds are so spectacular. I have created greeting cards, calendars, etc with our photos from this truly special place.

Seattle
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

For the Villa, I highly recommend booking the tour. They take you into most of the rooms and the history of the owners is quite interesting. It is really a small, liveable villa as villas go, of course.

8. Re: Villa Balbianello-Bellagio Water Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:45