We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

Dallas
Level Contributor
153 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

My wife and I will be going to Bellagio in early to mid April of 2014. We have a budget for hotel of between $200 and $300 per night. I was recently told by someone that this will be "problematic." But seeing the list of hotels here on TripAdvisor and their rates, I would think this is very possible, especially during that time of year. We do not require a 5 star hotel. Yes, we would like a nice hotel (with breakfast included if possible). But it does not have to be extravagant. Any thoughts? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

April is not high season so you should get rates lower than you would for this time of year, for instance.

Email and inquire at whichever hotel looks good to you. That's what I do. Or, put in your dates, budget range, etc in www.venere.com and see what comes up.

You might want to start thinking euros - you can check currency exchange rates at www.xe.com

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

The only hotel we would enquire is Silvio

www.bellagiosilvio.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

The only hotel that might be out of your budget is the Villa Serbelloni all the others will be under, you could wait and book much nearer the time as the weather this year was pretty terrible in Aprilso the hotels dropped their rates considerably.

Dallas
Level Contributor
153 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

Thanks for the information. Is April typically a bad weather month in and around Bellagio? Or is it just hit and miss, as is the case with many places? Thanks again.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

Hit or miss is exactly right. No way of telling, so always best to have a lightweight rain jacket that you can cram into a side pocket of your suitcase as well as lighter tops if there's any possibility of warmer temps ...

About your price range, you really shouldn't have any trouble. Easter is late next year, so you may have a smaller selection to choose from as some hotels may open later, but pricing will be on your side and most places should fall into your budget in some way, depending on your room choice. I would say that if it's important to you to book early, try to reserve before the end of October. Many hotels that shut down in the off-season can be slow about updating their availability or even taking bookings during the winter, so you can sometimes get misleading responses (or none at all) if you try to contact them during that period. You could, however, most likely get away with booking right before you arrive, if you're comfortable with that.

Good luck!

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

In Bellagio, you can visit the Tourist Ofice web-site www.bellagiolakecomo.com

You'll find a lot of hotels and also charming vacation rental.

Brezza

Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

Have you checked Hotel Metropole? I just did a dummy booking for September, and it was US$160 (not a lake front room). We stayed there last year - it has aboslute lake frontage, very comfortable. Lake front rooms would maximise the true lake experience.

Lots of good reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor (including mine).

Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

PS I emailed them direct when I did our booking. We stayed there 4 nights. Lovely location.

NY
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

I stayed here for something like 80 or 90 Euros per night double in Sept. It is a B&B rather than a hotel, and maybe not to your liking, you can look at the reviews under B&B's in Bellagio forum.

www.ristorantebarchetta.com/

10. Re: Hotels in Bellagio for less than $300 US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bellagio