We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free Alcohol

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valla Beach
Level Contributor
371 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Duty Free Alcohol

Whats the story on duty free alcohol coming into Italy, and whats the amount that you are able to allowed in to the country ?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

4 litres of wine or 1 litre of spirits when arriving from outside the EU

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
1,692 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

I'va found a table, i don't know if it's right,

From Extra UE countries : l.1 for alcohol more than 22°, l.2 for alcohol less than 22°, l.4 wine

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

Quiltneedle's right it's 4 litres of wine or 1 litre of spirits.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

If you are thinking of taking Duty Free liquids from Australia all the way to Bellagio, you might have a problem going through security scanning at airports en route if it is in your carry on. Just a thought. There is no shortage of reasonably priced alcohol in Italy.

Edited: 03 July 2013, 09:59
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

***If you are thinking of taking Duty Free liquids from Australia all the way to Bellagio, you might have a problem going through security scanning at airports en route if it is in your carry on..***

Not if he remains within transit areas and the bottles are transported in a sealed duty free bag.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

I gave up alcohol decades ago, but isn't this a bit of a "coals to Newcastle" thing?

No point in bringing wine to Italy for a start, and as far as I know spirits cost less in Italian supermarkets than in any duty free shop worldwide.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
1,692 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

The only reason I see to bring alcohol to Italy is the willing to present some original Australian products

I don't know in Bellagio, but in Milan it's no so diffidifficult to find Australian wines

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
371 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

Thankyou everyone for your help it was very much appreciated.

NY
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

I stopped carrying alcohol a long time ago as it just stopped making much sense at least for me.

And even these days you might be caught by the vagaries of the security. Leaving Sydney a few years ago I saw people who bought alcohol in the shops after security having it taken away at a plane boarding check - some were drinking before pouring out.

In the US if you get off a flight with liquids in your carry on and then go through a check for another flight, or reenter the secure zone you will invariably lose it (and at your first landfall to the US you will do that).

Valla Beach
Level Contributor
371 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Duty Free Alcohol

Thanks Travelsmith for your info on Duty Free Alcohol...