We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bellagio or como?

Which Como hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
bellagio or como?

I am planing of visiting lake como and i would like to know where is better como or bellagio or somewhere else in lake como?

How can i reach bellagio from como , and how far is with car?

thanks.

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bellagio or como?

Como is a big town

Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bellagio or como?

Como is a big town, with a lot of shops and restaurants. Bellagio is a little charming village in the centre of the lake.

It depens what you are looking for.

If you like visit the lake a central position give you easy access to the whole lake.

The best way to discover the lake is by public boat.

From Como there is a road that follows the curve of the lake up to Bellagio. The drive takes about 1 hour.

Once in Bellagio car is no needed as everithyng is within walking distance and in few minutes by ferry you can reach a lot of interesting spots of the lake.

Bellagio offer also a good reange of accommodation.

More info in Tourist web-site www.bellagiolakecomo.com

Enjoy, Brezza

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bellagio or como?

I liked Bellagio more than Como; as stated in another post it's city vs town, Bellagio has lots of restauants and shopping and the ferries can get you anywhere on the lake in a short time. While you can drive to Bellagio, I would not recommend the road from Como unless you like to live on the edge(literally)The road is curvy,narrow and fast with lots of motorcycles and an occassional bus driving towards you. Being from Greece you may be up to the challenge. You can alsoget a car ferry from Como. The road on the other side of Bellagio is not as scary

4. Re: bellagio or como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 03:16