We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

Which Como hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San DIego
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

Anyone have any idea how much that would cost? And how long it would take?

United States
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

The quote I got from Varenna to MXP was 90 euros and takes about an hour forty minutes.

TAB

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,939 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

Lake Como is large. The cost would depend on which town you are departing from.

San DIego
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

I would be departing from Lake Como....not to far from the Train Station....

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

Again, as Sidneynick points out, "Lake Como" is not one specific town. If you mean the city of Como itself, it will take you anywhere from 45 minutes (little to no traffic) to an hour and a half (heavy traffic) and would probably cost somewhere between €55 and €100.

London Scot
Level Contributor
43 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

Six of us with luggage travelled last week in people-carrier from centre of Como to MXP. Comfortable, hassle-free ride took approx 40 mins. Fare was 90 euros.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
967 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

The taxi is well worth it, especially if it means spending an extra night on Lake Como rather than in an airport hotel. Of course it's Italy and things are unpredictable, especially traffic, so leave extra time. Last time I did this there was a truckers strike and we were trying to get around big tanker trucks pulled off on the sides of the road. Slowed us down a bit but I still think we made it in about 90 minutes. Most hotels are happy to arrange the taxi for you and confirm the price.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

Mid lake to Mpx is about €100

Negotiate with driver.

Chicago
Level Contributor
9 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

Hello from Chicago:

I saw your post on Trip Advisor on taking the "people carrier" from Como to MXP, 40 minute ride and $90 euros. Is people-carrier the name of the taxi/transfer service or what is the name? Also $90 euro is that a per person rate of your entire group of 6? Which seems amazing, we also have 6 in our group.

Thanks in advance for the info, we are staying Argegno for 9 days towards the end of September and can't wait.

Deb

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,079 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

#8, 'people carrier' is British English for a large van.

#5 did not provide the name of the company, but you might wish to send him a PM, in case he doesn't want to post that info.

I would assume 90 euro was the flat rate for the whole group.

10. Re: Taxi from Lake Como to Malpensa (MXP)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 07:18