We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

Which Como hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

Hello. We are heading to Milan next week and then will be catching the train from central station to Tremezzo. There are many destinations on Trenitalia website. Do I take the San Giovanni train? Como lago? I am a bit confused. We are staying at the the Grand Tremezzo and want the closest train stop. We will be arriving around 8 pm, so I assume we will need to take the bus (or cab) to the hotel since the ferries probably don't run that late off season. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

From Milan Central, you'll want to catch a train to Como S. Giovanni. I'm not sure you'll make the last C10 bus to Tremezzo, which is at 8.24 p.m., but it's usually easy to grab a cab out front of the station in any case.

Pescara, Italy
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

Is there I direct train service from Milan to Tremezzo, I am going this way soon and was assuming I would have to get the train to Como and then the bus?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,080 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

Right.

Train to Como:

either from Milan's Cadorna station to Como lago

or

from Milan's central station to Como San Giovanni

(www.trentialia.com or www.trenord.it for schedules for both services)

Hence #C10 bus (stops at both train stations): www.asfautolinee.it/LinkClick.aspx…

NOTE: if you are coming into Milan's Malpensa airprot (MXP), it makes no sense to travel to Milan from the airport before heading to Como; travel to Como by train from the airport, changing at Saronno.

Edited: 05 March 2012, 12:08
Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

Does the C10 bus from Como stop first at Nord Lago or at San Giovanni? The timetable only has a time for Stazione FS which I assume is San Giovanni. There isn't a lot of time between some of the trains from Milan and the bus and every minute will count.

Sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

Actually my question should be about buses, not trains!

Edited: 08 March 2012, 08:28
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,080 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

The bus starts from outside Como Lgo, and stops then just outside Como San Giovanni (which is indeed Como FS).

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

These have been helpful and I was just wondering if there is one straight train from Milan Malpensa Airport to Tremezzo? Are there any links to train timetables as well, as we are hoping to catch a train at 4.30? Thank you!

8. Re: Milan to Tremezzo--What Train to Take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 07:18