We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bernina Express

CT
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bernina Express

After days and days on this site, thanks to all the great advice, I have our trip almost planned. One disappointment is I just tried to get reservations on the Bernina Express frmo Lugano or Tirano and it appears to be impossible. Am I missing something? Reservations can only be made 60 days in advance and I put in almost 60 dates and kept getting "no seats available for that date." Can that be true? I went to the myswitzerland.raileurope.com site. I did notice that they started in St Moritz rather than Tirano. Could there be another site that would have seats available?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
355 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bernina Express

Have you tried the Swiss Rail system: mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/int-gaeste/int-g…

I took the Bernina Express from Tirano to St. Moritz a few years ago and that leg of the journey was just incrdibly beautiful.

CT
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bernina Express

Freshmani,

Thanks so much for that site. I just checked it out and it's a bit confusing but I'm sure tomorrow when I have more time, I'll be able to figure it out. It looks like a fabulous trip.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
355 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bernina Express

Your welcome...I just got m confirmation (for a date that was supposedly sold out when I called). Have fun.