We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

Which Como hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

Hi

I have been looking for a nice not too touristy town in the Como area to base myself whilst exploring the Italian lakes.

There are fantastic reviews on this accommodation but there doesn't seem to be any site where I can check the rates or contact the management for rates. Please help!!

If possible, please advise how I can access some of the other lakes eg Lake Maggiore, from Lake Como area.

Many thanks

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

Not sure what the problem might be ... unless you're actually searching for the town of "Arpegno" as written above. Try "ArGegno" and you should turn up: www.villabelvedere-argegno.it/new/villa.php

Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

Thank you, that did the trick!

Can you please advise how I can get to some of the other lakes eg Lake Maggiore, from Lake Como area?

Thanks again

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

By public transport to lake Maggiore it is easy, but long, bacause you have to go via Milano: Argegno to Como by bus or boat, Como San Giovanni to Milano Centrale or Garibaldi, and then train to Stresa.

If you want to visit lake Lugano (Switzerland) take a bus/boat to Menaggio and then a bus to Lugano

Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

It sounds like it is better to base oneself in Como town than in the smaller towns.

Many thanks for your help.

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

Yes, if you want to do daily trips to the other lakes you 'waste' less time. Como is quite nice and not that big, you can look for a hotel in the website www.lakecomo.com

6. Re: Arpegno- Albergo Villa Belvedere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 22:17