We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Como

Mills River, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Como

Hi everyone

I was hoping someone could compare Como town to Lecco.

We will be spending a week there in May and definitely want to stay in a larger town and visit the smaller villages .Is Lecco anything like Arona at Lake Maggiore? Not my favorite place.

Any info anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,510 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Como

Logistically stay in Como, and you would probably better enjoy Como if you didn't like Arona.

tripadvisor.com/…47240265

Vagabonda

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Como

Lecco is a small industrial town so not really great for a holiday that's why it doesn't get much tourists so between the 2 I would stay in Como.

Mills River, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Como

Thanks so much Vagabonda and Chrella after reading your replies I am going to switch our reservations to Como. Any hotel suggestions with a lake view?

Our hope is to retire there in several years so staying in a larger town is key for us to explore the area Thanks again annamichelle

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,510 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Como

A pleasure annaf943!

If you'd like great views of the lake, then take a look at Hotel Villa Flori!

Como is a really nice town.

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Mills River, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Como

Thanks Vagabonda

I will look at the hotel you recommended although I think it might be a little pricey

I appreciate the you taking the time to reply

Happy New Year annamichelle

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Como

It doesn't have a lake view, but a spacious and comfortable apartment in Como is Home Away #855559 well located in Como with a delightful and helpful owner. We were glad we booked it.

Mills River, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Como

Hi pwmw

I found reasonably priced accommodation with a view

but I really appreciate you taking the time to respond

Happy New Year annamichelle

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Como

Wonderful! Glad you found what you needed. The idea of retiring there sounds very appealing (you know about the visa requirements, yes?) Happy New Year to you, too.

9. Re: Lake Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:19