We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Como to Verona

Which Como hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Como to Verona

Trying to find a train leaving Como on August 13th, around 8am, to Verona....I can't seem to find anything but a 10:15 am and noonish one.....is it too early to book a train for August now....am I doing something wrong???

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Como to Verona

Not sure which train station you are using in Como but my guess would be that trip would involve regional trains. The regional train schedule is not full up on the website yet. To see frequency and connections use a date less than a week from today, it probably will not change much in August.

Buy regional train tickets in Italy.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Como to Verona

So are you saying I cannot or should not buy my tickets now...will we have any difficulty getting our tickets when we get there? Can I purchase the tickets when we land in maleness when we get our tickets to Como??

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Como to Verona

Although there are more Eurocity trains running Zurich-Como-Milan yet to appear online, around 08.00 connections will be by Regional train from Como S. Giovanni to Milano Centrale. Times of these in August are likely to be the same as now, though this cannot be guaranteed. Regional times will appear online by June 14 when there is a minor timetable change. Regional trains have no reserved seats so cannot sell out, and no advance reduction.

The times of Frecciabianca trains with reserved seats from Milano Centrale to Verona Porta Nuova are online, but they cannot yet be bought for dates after August 2 (they're listed as sold out for later dates, but that is an error). A reduction of €10 is possible buying in advance, though these fares may sell out, and buying in advance commits you to a specific train.

Maybe wait until early June and buy online then? Alternatively, tickets can be bought at Malpensa Airport or Como if you want.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Como to Verona

Would the trains from Milan to Verona sell out? Or would that not be an issue if I waited until I got to Malpensa???

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Como to Verona

Very unlikely to sell out.

6. Re: Como to Verona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:15