We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus timetable . need help please

R G
Paris, France
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bus timetable . need help please

hi . we will be in Lake Como region this August . our hotel is in Cadennabia . we are planning to visit Villa Balbienello in Leno (on August 12) , and continue to Lugano , switzerland on the same day . i checked the bus timetable on the official website but it wasn't clear . Can someone help me please ? i need to know the timetable between Cadennabia and Leno , and then from Cadenabia to Lugano .

thank you

R.G.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,811 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bus timetable . need help please

Menaggio-Luagano asfautolinee.it/Portals/…12.pdf

Lenno-Cadenabbia-Menaggio asfautolinee.it/Portals/…10.pdf

Edited: 13 July 2014, 14:58
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus timetable . need help please

Note the heading to the columns. This is my understanding of what the headings mean: "Fest" only on Sunday and national holidays; "Fer5" Monday-Friday' "Fer6" Monday-Saturday; "Gior" daily

Province of...
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus timetable . need help please

Hi,

I think that Cadenabbia-Lenno-Lugano in one day with the bus should be quite complicated... My suggestion is: after your visit to Villa Balbianello, take a bus towards Como and there get a train to Lugano or, still better, rent a car and drive to Lugano. If you opt for this choice, you won't have any time'problem and you could also reach Lugano driving towards Menaggio, then to Porlezza (the Italian part of Lugano Lake). From Porlezza then go straight to Lugano.The whole itinerary ( without counting the time for visits) needs about 2 hours time, even if the km are few, around 50.It's very beautiful: you drive all along two lakes and have beautiful views.

R G
Paris, France
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bus timetable . need help please

Hi Perilizia .

Regarding the trip to Lugano , thank you so much for the link . i will leave from Cadennabia . i've made this trip before . the bus stop is right near Britania Exelsior Hotel , and it goes to Mennagio - Porlezza then Lugano . it is bus line C12 . what i need is the Cadennabia - Mennagio timetable . can you please share it ?

R G
Paris, France
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: bus timetable . need help please

thanks nancycnti . helpful indeed .

R G
Paris, France
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bus timetable . need help please

thanks for the suggestion silvestrathecat . we will consider it

R G
Paris, France
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bus timetable . need help please

ooooooooooops . i just realized you already shared . thanks

8. Re: bus timetable . need help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Como