We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best local cuisine eats???????

Which Como hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Best local cuisine eats???????

Our family of four (parents + 18 + 10 yr old) is staying in the Como area (Bellagio) next May. We would love some advice from interested or experienced folk about the best restaurants and /or cafes to dine where we can sample good, local cuisine. We are hoping to avoid the usual, touristy places and would prefer to soak up the atmosphere with where the locals dine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Denver
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best local cuisine eats???????

We stayed in Bellagio this summer and we look forward to be there next June : the lake is wonderful !

Each morning we went in Caffè Rossi just in front at the landing stage : the best cappuccino in Bellagio.

If you like genuine food i suggest you to visit Ristorante Mella in the suburb of San Giovanni (15 minutes by foot from the centre and also reachable by boat).

It is a nice little restaurant just on the Church Square, near at the lake, from where you have a nice views on the opposite side of the lake "Villa Carlotta and Tremezzo".

The owner is a fisherman and he catches fresh-water fish daily and the family staff (very friendly) serves excellent dishes at reasonable price. This restaurant is very quite and intimate (no as the others).

Enjoy your stay !!!

Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best local cuisine eats???????

Thank you. Sounds great. Will visit!

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
90 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best local cuisine eats???????

I suggest you try Ristorante Da Rino in the center of Como. I'm not sure of the address, but it's a short walk from Piazza Cavour.

Da Rino was described to us as a Tuscan restaurant, so if you're looking for truly local cuisine from the lakes it's probably not for you but my wife thouroghly enjoyed her osso bucco and risotto. I'll vouch for the veal and artichokes. The wild boar bresoala was also excellent. Some gentlemen at the table next to us ordered steaks that looked absolutely magnificent.

After dinner look for a small cafe on Piazza Volta, it may have been called Cafe Muralto. The owners Franco and Paola made our last night in Como something special. Please tell them there's a tall guy in North Carolina who will buy them a grappa some day soon.

4. Re: Best local cuisine eats???????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 15:17