We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

Which Varenna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

My husband and I are thinking of ferrying our car from menaggio over to Varenna and leaving it parked there for three days whilst we are in Bellagio. I have heard it is hard to find parking in Bellagio so are just looking at other options.

If parking is just as difficult in Varenna will stay with first option of taking it over to Bellagio and finding parking there.

If the parking is better in Varenna, can you please provide a link so I can view where the parking areas areas, and if there is also costing info supplied. thanks so much. Regards Bells54 Australia

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

That sounds like a lot more trouble than it could possibly be worth. Parking may occasionally be annoying in Bellagio (usually on nice-weather Sundays around lunchtime), but it's not *that* big a deal, I promise. And the street parking around the loop of the "Parco Comunale" (which isn't specifically marked as such on the close-up map link someone offered earlier), as I mentioned, is completely free day and night.

Best of luck!

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

Thanks Kat, we will do that. Sometimes it gets so overwhelming, you just need to trust I suppose that it will fall into place. Thanks again. Enjoy your day Regards Bells54

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

Kat can you please advise where I can get information on the timetable for car ferrying from Menaggio over to Bellagio for May. All the links I have seen only cater for passengers and don't say car. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards Bells54 - Australia

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,989 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

Lake Como ferries: www.navigazionelaghi.it/eng/com/nlc_ora.html

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

Here's the specific page for car-ferry service for early April to the end of May: navigazionelaghi.it/eng/…nlc_ora_t3a_p.html. The non-"P"-marked times are car-service departures. You might also consider departing from Cadenabbia, which is just a little ways south of Menaggio and has many more car-ferry departures: navigazionelaghi.it/eng/…nlc_ora_t2a_p.html

Hope that helps!

Kat

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

I cannot see the point of taking a car on the ferry across from Menaggio to Varenna and then leaving the car and taking another ferry back from Varenna across to Bellagio.

Much simpler to take a ferry across the lake from Menaggio directly to Bellagio. A car in Bellagio is a nuisance to say the least unless you are staying in a Hotel with its own car-parking facilities.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

Thank you everyone, the links you sent gave us the details we needed. Thanks again. Regards Bells54

8. Re: ferrying from menaggio to varenna with car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 15:19