We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

Which Varenna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

My husband and I visited Italy in May 09 for our six years anniversary and stayed at Villa Michela B&B - 5 Million Dollars View. I found the B&B on VRBO.com, and I am so glad I found this place. The B&B is an actual house with a living room, kitchen, breathtaking views of the lakes and mountains - it is a very romantic place to simply relax or do some hiking. The rooms are spacious and very well maintained.

Michela was wonderful! She picked us up at the train station, greeted us with a bottle of wine and a delious snack which we much needed after a 11 hour flight. She left another bottle of wine in our room for us to enjoy. She drove to the center and drove us back that evening, and she even provided us with a cell phone to use.

Michela couldn't have been more friendlier and welcoming. I have to say that the view from our balcony (and swing) was amazingly romantic. My husband and I cuddled up with a blanket and a glass of wine in the evenings on the patio. If I go back to Lake Como, I will definitely stay at VILLA MICHELA B&B - 5 MILLION DOLLARS VIEW. Thank you Michela

wynnewood,pa
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

Would you recommend this B&B in August? I am wondering about the lack of air conditioning that time of year... would appreciate any advice? Thank you,

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

It's hard to say as I do not know how warm it gets in August. When we were there, last two days of May it was still cold in the evenings.

The house is on top of the mountains so I can not imagine that it would be too hot there. It is a beautiful view but make sure you get the room with the swing.

AG

wynnewood,pa
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

thank you. Can you tell me, did you walk to and from Varenna -- or did you find that the route and distance was such that you preferred driving? We are trying to decide whether this spot or one in the town would be preferable.

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

AThomas,

We would like to find out if a room is available in October and how much will it cost in this B&B. Can you give us any info how to get in touch with the owners?

Thanks,

Raja

London
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

I agree with all of the original post - Villa Michela is indeed a beautiful spot, and Michela herself is a wonderful host, providing recommendations and suggestions to enhance our stay. Dog lovers will enjoy meeting her English setter, Oliver, and the breakfast provided by Michela is delicious.

In general, I would recommend that any visitor to Lake Como pass over the lake-shore villages (even the best ones, such as Varenna) and stay in the hills above. Not only are the hills cooler in very hot weather, but the views of the lake are magnificent. The view from Villa Michela in particular must be one of the best on the Lake. Combined with the large garden and attractive balconies / terraces of Villa Michela from which to enjoy this view, it is a genuinely marvellous place to stay.

The only thing that needs to be borne in mind is that walking to and from the lake front will not always be practical - the hills are steep and some may find the trails challenging. Nights out by the lake should be planned on the assumption that you will need to book a taxi service to take you home (or someone will need to drive). Having said that, Michela was always available to pick us up if we got stuck, so I would not let this put you off. The benefits of this excellent villa most certainly outweigh such minor inconveniences.

5 STARS.

oakland, ca
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

My boyfriend and I stayed in Michela's lovely one bedroom apartment, just several steps away from Lake Como and a very cute little swimming spot. When you poke your head out the window, the view of the lake is breathtaking. And the apartment is adorably decorated and in the most perfect location! I really can't emphasize enough how perfect the apartment is located - it is an easy five minutes from the ferry station and 8 minutes from the train station, and there are several decent restaurants within five minutes' walk. Also, two small markets, a bancomat, internet cafe, and anything else you could need are all within five minutes.

Varenna is such a wonderful get-a-way. My boyfriend and I visited other lake towns and we found most of them to be much busier and more touristy, while Varenna was so small, quaint, and relaxing, while still providing an wonderful lake experience.

Michela was such a gracious host, we so appreciated that she met us at the train station, showed us around the town, and gave us wonderful recommendations. Also, thank you for the welcome basket and the lovely aperitif - what a fabulous welcome to Varenna. We felt right at home and we wish we could have stayed longer!

We highly recommend staying in the apartment (or surely the bed and breakfast is fabulous as well!)! Thank you Michela!

haarlem
Level Contributor
154 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

Tried reaching Michela via vbro, but it seems something keeps going wrong. Does anyone who stayed with Michela have an emailaddress?

Thanks

west coast
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

My sister and I will be arriving Milan Linate on October 14,2009 and taking the train to Varenna. Sounds like you B&B might be a fun 2 nite stay... Do you have any contact info you can share? Is one room a better choice over another? How nice of you to share your experience! traveling sisters

Dublin
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

Myself and my partner visited Villa Michela B&B in Sept 09. Here's our thoughts.

The B&B is in a beautiful location in the mountains. The views are faboulous. If you are booking here book the room with the swing and the large balcony as the other two rooms are very small.

A point to note is there are no ensuites, this can mean waiting on showeres etc if the three rooms are booked.

The B&B is approx 45mins walk to Varenna town. This walk is down steep steps that may not be sutiable for some people and walking back up is a lot tougher! The views on the walk down are however breathtaking.

The host Michela is a lovely woman and offers a taxi service to and from Varenna if she is available. She charges €9 one way for the service. And if its too late (after 10pm ish) she may not be available.

She does look after her guests and is always willing to offer information about the area and can recommend some lovely restaurants to visit.

The breakfasts she provides are basic, mainly consisting of bread, ham and cheese, tea/coffee but they are sufficient.

Our only issue was that our bed was never made or our towels were never changed on our stay. We were there 4 nights in total.

Varenna itself is a beautiful town and well worth a visit. The taxi situation can be a hassel however as they are hard to find especially after 10pm. From Varenna town to Michela's B&B they will charge you €15 + €9 after 10pm which can be very costly over a few days.

Overall Villa Michela's B&B is a lovely retreat for those that want a quiet holiday in the mountains at a reasonable price. It is decorated beautifully and is a very romantic setting.

California
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Michela B&B - 5Million $ View in Varenna - Lake Como

Dear Michela,

we have really enjoyed our tme at your beauiful B&B.The views are absolutely amazing and there is alot of positive energy sourronding the area.

We walked from the villa to Castel Vezio, it took about 45 minutes, but it was beautiful.

as we hiked up to the castello we fall in love with the small villages along the way.

the views from the top of the castell were stunning. You could see the Alps and many houses along Lake Como.

We took the fency ver to Bellagio and Menaggio.

The ride over was very paceful and relaxing.

We wish we had more time to spend here, but we are off on our next adventure.

Thank you for all your kindness and friendship.

You have made our stay here very welcoming!:)

Ciao, Terry and Leah

California, USA