We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in Varenna

Harrogate, Yorkshire
2 posts
Save Topic
Swimming in Varenna

Hi

Can anyone help please? I am visiting Varenna next week, staying in the Hotel Villa Cipressi.

Does anyone know of any places nearby where we can go swimming - either a beach or pool? I have heard the lake isn't great for swimming. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tasha

Tucker, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming in Varenna

Varenna has a small lido near the boat dock, for a few euro. The lido at menaggio is multiples bigger with at least two swimming pools. Even in August, I am afraid that the temperature will be too cold to stay in for an extended period. You will have to make your own decision about other issues relaled to swimming there.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
566 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming in Varenna

The hundreds of Milanese day-trippers splashing around and sun-bathing all summer (not to mention the international tourists) would be surprised to hear that the lake isn't great for swimming, but I suppose that sort of thing can be pretty subjective.

Sporting Club Olivedo, located beside Varenna's lido, has both a standard and kids' pool, also open to the public. Check with the hotel to see if they have any agreement with them for free or reduced-price entry.

3. Re: Swimming in Varenna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Varenna