We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

hi all - i've just got engaged! :D and we'd love to marry at villa cipressi. we're thinking of having about 30 guests, but have a limited budget. can anyone provide us some insight on costs of having a ceremony and wedding reception either at cipressi or in lake como??

i want to save money booking a coordinator, but starting to plan is a little daunting.

would love to hear your input on venues, restaurants, etc. for a cozy wedding. :)

thanks all!

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

I'd suggest you contact Villa Cipressi directly for an insight into prices.

http://www.hotelvillacipressi.it/

stresa

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

thanks! i was wondering if anyone had any luck negotiating with villa cipressi? i've already contacted them and their prices are a little high...

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

I doubt people will openly share their bargaining abilities here. Therefore, speak directly with the hotel.

Stresa

Mentioned in this post
Stresa
Stresa
Lake Maggiore, Italy
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

hi, i am planning to have my wedding reception next summer at villa cipressi,

i have not formally booked yet but went to see the place and it is amazing. the manager davide is lovely very helpful and polite and very quick to respond to e mails. i am not having my ceremony here so cant give you prices for that . the meal/reception price however includes 9 courses and there is room for bargaining here. every course you drop the price goes down a lil i think. and i know i cudnt eat 9 courses on a gud day not to mention wearing a tight wedding dress so maybe try bargain with that aspect, maybe have 4/5/6 courses instead or something.

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

I agree Davide is simply charming.

STRESA

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

thank you all for your help! :) i'm going to figure a way to get this wedding done at cipressi! it's so beautiful there!

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

You need to talk to WeddingBox Lake Como, Sally is amazing and the price includes so much. We are getting married there is August this year and Sally is our wedding Planner.

http://www.weddingboxlakecomo.com/index.html

Steph xx

Mentioned in this post
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
8. Re: wedding in varenna (villa cipressi), cost?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 05:15