We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel du Parc, activities, trips,

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel du Parc, activities, trips,

Hi

Has anyone stayed in Hotel du Parc, please advice your experiences...

I know the Hotel have a facility of using a courtesy bus... but is this reliable... as it is a quite a distance...

What is the food like in the hotel, as we got half board...

Is there plenty to do in Sirmione...

We will take a boat trip around the lake, but is this expensive...

Can anyone recommend cafes in sirmione for lunches...

Is it possible to take a trip from Sirmione to Milan.. as we have been to Venice and Verona on a previous trip...

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel du Parc, activities, trips,

Anyone any ideas....

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel du Parc, activities, trips,

Can't help with the Hotel du Parc as haven't stayed there.

Plenty of bars, restaurants, cafes and shops in Sirmione - lots with outdoor seating around the square next to the ferry stop. (Might be worth checking with your Hotel if some days you can exchange dinner for lunch as your half board and then enjoy the atmosphere in the town with a meal in the evening).

Lots of options for the boat trips around the lake - cost varies depending on how far you want to go - Malcesine and Bardolino are well worth a visit.

When are you going? We go again at the end of April and I will be bringing back a ferry timetable and prices plus some names of cafes / restaurants for our own future reference. (This will be our third visit to Sirmione but we can never remember the names of places we have eaten in!)

Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel du Parc, activities, trips,

Many thanks for your reply...

I have not heard from anyone with their experiences staying in Hotel Du Parc...

Yes we were thinking of going to Bardolino and Malcesine... We would like to go the Gardaland and the Waterpark...

Do you know if you get from Sirmione to Milan...

We will be going on the 17th May for a week, that would be great if you could give me names of restaurants and bars, and places that you recommend that would be worth seeing...

This is our first time to Lake Garda... It must be fantastic place, if this is your 3rd time...

I saw a review about the hotel that would do a 4 course lunch or packed lunch with exchange for our dinner.. so at least that is an option, would like to try different places...

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel du Parc, activities, trips,

Emer - to be honest we are total Italy junkies and go somewhere Italian every couple of months which is why it is our third time in Sirmione!(Wedding Anniversary trip - it is a good place to go this time of year - end April / May in our experience).

Can't help with the Milan day trip I'm afraid or Gardaland / Water Park as haven't been, but Gardaland is pretty close to Sirmione so wouldn't expect it to be a very expensive taxi ride (for example we are paying 60 euros one way for a private transfer from Verona Airport to Sirmione one way which is quite a bit further) and at least you are used to the euro!

5. Re: Hotel du Parc, activities, trips,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:20