We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a 3* hotel in Sirmione

Which Sirmione hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need a 3* hotel in Sirmione

Thursday 20th September – for 1 night

or

Thursday 27th September - for 1 night

Dates are flexible at the moment

I am looking for availability for 3 people - double room and a single room

It would be preferable if there was a lift in the hotel as I will be travelling with my mother also

I tried Marconi, Catuillo, Villa Rosa but they are booked out for September and the 4* seem quite expensive.

As we will be probably taking the bus or train I guess it is preferable to get one around there is the lake and sights far from the station and do you have to walk from bus station to within the walls or can public transport enter as I heard cars need a special permit. Sorry for all the questions but we are coming from Verona and I would like to spend one night here as I dont want to rush it all on a day trip.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,333 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a 3* hotel in Sirmione

Hi, such a shame those hotels are all booked up. You could try using a site like www.booking.com as you can enter your exact dates and room requirements. The hotel descriptions should mention whether there's a lift or not. Once you have seen something you like and read the reviews (on here as well as on booking.com) then contact the hotel directly to make a booking.

Buses can't go into the historic centre of Sirmione but the bus stop is just outside. I think some of the other questions were answered in your other thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187838-i641-k56…

Basically, by train you need to go to either Peschiera or Desenzano (Desenzano is a little closer) then bus or taxi to Sirmione.

This is the current boat timetable:

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/…202012.pdf

And the fares chart:

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/TARIFFE%20PDF…

One other thing - when you are reading the hotel descriptions, check to see if they offer a transfer/shuttle service. They may be able to collect you from the station.

2. Re: Need a 3* hotel in Sirmione

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 06:15