We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orientation/accomodation around Sirmione?

Which Sirmione hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Orientation/accomodation around Sirmione?

I plan to stay overnight with in Sirmione in September. I hope to get a bus from Verona to Sirmione and will be travelling with my husband and mother. I am looking for a 3* hotel that is relatively close to the walls so we do not have far to walk as I know there are traffic restrictions within the walls. Is the lake just past the walls or how far is it down the centre Ideally we would like to be in the city centre and see the lake is that possible? I dont think a lot of 3* have shuttles and they are quite expensive. I check with Cartullio/Marconi but they are booked out. Anyone know location wise what the following hotels are like it's just for one night but would like the centre/lake combo. Anyone know what Cristal, Abacus, Grifone and Alfieri are like location wise.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orientation/accomodation around Sirmione?

The LN026 bus goes from Verona train station to Sirmione

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN026.pdf

If too early in September you will be hard pushed to find anywhere for 1 night. For most Hotels peak season runs untl 15th September. If you tried an online booking for this time don't be surprised if Hotles come back "booked" - not because they don't have space but your booking does not meet their minimum number of nights requirements. This is often still 4 or 5 in early september

The Hotel Cristal for instance in nowhere near "Sirmione" itself.

I suugest you look at googlemaps and get an idea. Sirmione itself is at the end of the peninsula.

In ITALY properties take their address from the nearest town so like the hotel crystal can be miles away from where you thought you were going

In the case of the Hotel cristal 3miles/over 4.5 km from the Sirmione gates

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orientation/accomodation around Sirmione?

Are you still looking for the 20th or 27th September? From looking at www.booking.com it seems that the Hotel Sirmione - great location - has availability for both those dates.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187842-d2865…

So does the Hotel Eden but it's more expensive.

If you want to be within the walls then look for something like "Old City" in the hotel location/description. Anything that says Colombare is too far away for you.

However, wherever you are on the peninsula you will not be far from the lake.

The Grifone looks as if it's in a great location:

http://www.gardalakegrifonehotel.eu/en

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187842-d2380…

The Cristal, Abacus and Alfieri are nowhere near the old town.

Edited: 27 July 2012, 13:09
Dublin
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orientation/accomodation around Sirmione?

Thanks for that wouldn't have had a clue we were just going to do a day trip but to be honest we don't want to rush as I willhave my mother with me also I must check out the map closly as you can't always believe what hotel websites say re location

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orientation/accomodation around Sirmione?

If the Grifone has availability for one night then I would suggest booking it. The location is obviously exactly what you are looking for. The most recent reviews here on TA seem to be good (it seems to have changed ownership last year), and as you are only going for one night you won't need luxury.

The hotel is not far from the boat dock - on the aerial photo on the web site home page you can see the queue for the boats at the top of the picture.

5. Re: Orientation/accomodation around Sirmione?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 10:17