We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

We are back from another wonderful holiday to Sirmione, really have the holiday blues.

We just love this place. So already am in planning mode.

We are now thinking of going back again next year.... however this time we thought about September and not June.

Just wondered what September was like on the lake. Do the shops/restaurants start shutting down, weather expected etc..... do the Boats run as normal ???

What should we expect in September?

Also we visited on a tour Borghetto, we would love to go back for a day, but don't want to hire a car, is there any way of doing this please.... anyone in the know ????

Cant wait to get back there again, we love it.

Thank you for any help. Also Heather.... as you can see another Lake Addict now !!!! :)

xx

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

Hi Bagsgalore, glad to hear you had another great holiday! Also pleased to see we have another paid-up member of the Lake Garda fan club.... ;))

September is usually a lovely time to go to the lake - the weather is generally more settled then than in May/June, and the boats will still be on their full summer schedule. In fact this year the summer timetable finishes on October 6th.

Everything will still be open as the season doesn't really start to wind down until October or even into November.

It isn't easy to get to Borghetto by public transport but if you take a bus from Verona to Valeggio you can probably walk the short distance to Borghetto.

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/160.pdf

I think there's also a bus from Peschiera to Valeggio but can't find the link at the moment. I'm sure Tepore mentioned it on the forums so hopefully she will come to the rescue!

Edited: 03 July 2013, 13:30
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

Hi glad to see another convert to Lake Garda. There is a bus from Peschiera del Garda to Valeggio sul Mincio but they seem to be few and far between. This is the timetable, you need to click 'Interurbano Mantova, then on the next page select No.46 Feriale (working days) then you eventually get the timetable.

http://www.apam.it/it/ext_orari_mappe

You would then have to walk just under 1.5 kms. to Borghetto.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

We were there the last weekend in September last year and it was still really busy, I would say busier than June so there's no risk that shops and restaurants will be closed.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
517 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

Early September is fine in Sirmione with the sun setting that bit earlier it is really nice to enjoy sunset and night fall from the Catullo's lakeside terrace. If booking in September check the dates against the cost as I recall by booking 10days (with Inghams) to arrive the last Wednesday in August cost less.

Going slightly off topic I don't know if this of interest but, I have been gradually adding information to the not for profit Wikitravel web site particularly the Sirmione and Bardolino pages

http://wikitravel.org/en/Sirmione

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bardolino.

More traveller info is needed to flesh out the articles so if anybody wants to add more text or photos or correct mistakes just plunge in. However the style and format of articles has to follow the Wikitravel guidelines.

Edited: 16 July 2013, 07:33
Glasgow
Level Contributor
517 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

Bad link for bardolino on Wikitravel try http://wikitravel.org/en/Bardolino

6. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 15:50
Glasgow
Level Contributor
517 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

My problem is I have to include section headings specified by the WikiTravel standard template which seems pretty odd to most native english speakers. I don't like the section headings such as Eat, Sleep and some of others but that is the standard format. I think the intention is to create a Rough Guide type format.

The Wikitravel site could be very useful but it needs a lot of input from travellers, personally think all pages should have multiple authors to give a balanced view. Currently most of the text on the Sirmione and Bardolino is mine with some cut and pasted from the Lake Garda page that I detect was created by a contributor is not a native english speaker.

8. Re: Back again from Sirmione.... 2 questions please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 07:20