We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice where to spend one whole day

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
advice where to spend one whole day

Hi to everyone, me and my boyfriennd will have the whole day and night (very early flight from Malpensa), so we would like to visit some nice place by the lake Maggiore, close to the airport to look around, possibly swimm at the lake, then find a nice reataurant, have a pizza, two bottles of wine and stay there till late, then take some night transport to the airport, late train I guess. Were thinking about Arona or Angera. What do you guys think and recomand, what's the nice and worth place to go and spend there this one spare day we've go?

Mentioned in this post
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
Lake Maggiore
Lake Maggiore
Piedmont, Italy
Arona
Arona
Lake Maggiore, Italy
Angera
Angera
Lake Maggiore, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice where to spend one whole day

Hi The hotel Palma is a lovely hotel on the Stresa lake front , it's got a swimming pool right on the lake and the town is less than 10 minutes walk with lots of beautiful restaurants . From there you can go to the Borramean Islands which will take you most of the day and is only a 10 minute boat ride . Also you can go up the Mottarone cable car which has a tobbagan ride at the top and is about 15 minutes walk , also the train station is a 10 minute walk behind the hotel . I've just come back from there and it's really beautiful . And you'll love the sky bar on the top of the hotel ... Stunning .

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Palma
Hotel La Palma
1,418 Reviews
Stresa, Italy
Stresa
Stresa
Lake Maggiore, Italy
Mottarone Cable Car
Mottarone Cable Car
982 Reviews
Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice where to spend one whole day

Hi The hotel Palma is a lovely hotel on the Stresa lake front , it's got a swimming pool right on the lake and the town is less than 10 minutes walk with lots of beautiful restaurants . From there you can go to the Borramean Islands which will take you most of the day and is only a 10 minute boat ride . Also you can go up the Mottarone cable car which has a tobbagan ride at the top and is about 15 minutes walk , also the train station is a 10 minute walk behind the hotel . I've just come back from there and it's really beautiful . And you'll love the sky bar on the top of the hotel ... Stunning ..... Sorry just realised you only want to spend the day there ... Still the same trips and you could swim in the lakeside which is very clean and pretty .

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Palma
Hotel La Palma
1,418 Reviews
Stresa, Italy
Stresa
Stresa
Lake Maggiore, Italy
Mottarone Cable Car
Mottarone Cable Car
982 Reviews
Stresa, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
109,171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advice where to spend one whole day

Spend the day in Stresa and visit the Isole Borromee.

Take the direct Alibus service between Malpensa and Stresa.

safduemila.com/alibus-2014-malpensa.lagomagg…

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Stresa
Stresa
Lake Maggiore, Italy
Isole Borromee
Isole Borromee
464 Reviews
Lake Maggiore, Italy
Malpensa Airport
Malpensa Airport
Ferno, Italy
4. Re: advice where to spend one whole day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 07:15