We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in the lake at Baveno

Which Baveno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Kilbride
3 posts
Save Topic
Swimming in the lake at Baveno

Spending a week in Baveno in mid June , I have noticed that some of the smaller hotels do not have a pool and i would like to know if it is safe to go swimming in the lake and how is the water ??

3 replies to this topic
Hampshire
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming in the lake at Baveno

Very safe. You can swim from the Baveno Lido or the park in Villa Fedora. Check out the links on my website, there is one link specifically for the lido where you can hire sun beds. There is also a new aquapark in Baveno with a pool and sunbeds.

Have a good break.

Steve Thorn

Solihull
Level Contributor
7 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming in the lake at Baveno

It is really safe, especially from the Lido. We were swimming last year in late July and the water was "fresh" but a good cool down in the hot sun. There are many places where you can swim, including the Borromea Islands. My only advice would be wear beach shoes that you can take into the water. The beach is rocky and slippery under the water and getting in and out can prove difficult (and in my case, amusing to onlookers)!! A great experience thouigh

Solihull
Level Contributor
7 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming in the lake at Baveno

OK - just realised that this is an old post and you have already visited - hope you had a good swim!

Reply to: Swimming in the lake at Baveno
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted