We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market in Baveno

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Market in Baveno

Does anyone know the name of the roads where the market is held in Baveno every Monday morning? It's somewhere up the hill beyond the railway station. Last time I was there, I found it by following the crowds.

Some web sites claim it's in Piazza Matteotti near the imbarcadero, but it hasn't been held there for decades.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market in Baveno

Up the hill under the railway bridge. Turn right, then left up the hill again and you`ll see the market on the road to the right.

(We also followed small crowd!) If you`re walking it`s quicker to cross the railway line at the station, then follow same directions.

Probably Via Quara. It looks about in the right spot.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Market in Baveno

Baveno’s Monday morning market is held from 8.30 -12.30 on via 17 Martiri.

Vagabonda

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market in Baveno

Better instructions (as always) from Vagabonda.

I was close but not quite there!

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market in Baveno

Many thanks Vagabonda. Last time I was there was before the days of Google Maps. I remember walking the length of the market, then walking back to the lake and finding myself in a park the far side of the Torrente. Now I can see where I was.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,138 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Market in Baveno

You were very close hugo64 – Without a doubt, jimrob233 would have found the market!! :-)

Prego jimrob233 – Enjoy!

Vagabonda

6. Re: Market in Baveno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Stresa
Recent Conversations