We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

lebanon
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

I looked at the Alibus timetable,it leaves Stresa at 9.30 and reaches Malpensa at 10.30. I am worried since our flight is at 12, is it safe to take that bus ? the travel time is accurate or it might be caught in traffic?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

You could consider the earlier bus at 6:30 if you are very concerned about the 9:30 bus not leaving you enough time to go through security. The earlier bus's time give you so much time to work with.

NY
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

I have taken the 6:30 (ugh) and arrived a little early at Malpensa. You go through a few small towns, but no problem that hour, but might be different later. i think you could assume it would be on time barring accident or bus trouble..

Still that 90 minutes would bother me a little especially if I had to make an international flight, never know what queues you might find at Malpensa

Assume you know you have to make a reservation for the Alibus

lebanon
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

Actually that is my second question,how to book the bus?? And do u think if we book that means the bus may wait few minutes for us??and what if we couldnt make it on time can we still board the next one??

Sorry too many questions, but first time we book an express bus.

lebanon
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

Actually that is my second question,how to book the bus?? And do u think if we book that means the bus may wait few minutes for us??and what if we couldnt make it on time can we still board the next one??

Sorry too many questions, but first time we book an express bus.

NY
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

I think if you look at this page you can make the reservation, there is a lot of English on it as well, and also a phone number if you want to call (not sure how well that works) and do it at least the day ahead, or even sooner if it is busy season.In fact I think they will not take reservations the same day

www.safprenotazioni.com:8080/SafAlibus2000/

You pay when you board the bus.

My experience is the bus is capacity controlled and they may have a different bus depending on the season and number of reservations, I had a small coach rather than the big blue bus in Sept..

I would not count on the bus waiting for no shows or for being able to get on another bus without a reservation. Even if it looks like there are empty seats, they also pick up passengers with reservations as they travel to Malpensa

Also, find out exactly where you will board in Stresa, the main one is right in front of the church (Fronte Chiesa) across from the ferry pier right on the main road by the lake - there is also a sign there, you might look for it the day before

6. Re: Alibus from Stresa to Malpensa.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Stresa
Recent Conversations