We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stresa to malpensa..bus or train?

lebanon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
stresa to malpensa..bus or train?

Hi,trying to figure out the best way to leave Stresa.Our plane takes off from Malpensa on a wednesday at 12.30,i looked at the alibus timetable,the 6.30 one will get us to airport 5 hours earlier,the next one at 9.30 is a bit late. Is it better if we take the train?? i tried to find out the timing of the trains, no luck. Please can anyone help me with direct link to the train that i should take.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: stresa to malpensa..bus or train?

See www.trenitalia.com clicking the UK flag first for English

There are connections at 7.51 and 8.55 with one change of train in Busto Arsizio. These cannot be bought online, but cost €8.75 in Stresa - you can buy before the day of travel,, but make sure to validate (time/date-stamp) your ticket before boarding. Personally I'd take the 7.51 to allow for any problems due to late trains - on this connection you change to a bus rather than a train at Busto Arsizio.

Avoid connections via Milano Centrale which is a very much longer and very much more expensive route, and avoid those with two changes.

lebanon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: stresa to malpensa..bus or train?

I am sorry ,but i still cant check the timetable!!! i go to that link , type Stresa as departure ,Malpensa as arrival,the date.....it says no travel solution!! I am surely missing something. I agree with you the 7.51 is better,but i need to know which train, where do i take the bus at Busto?

Again i am sorry and grateful for your help.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: stresa to malpensa..bus or train?

Sorry, you must enter Malpensa Aeroporto as your destination - click on the prompt once you've started typing. And you must enter a date before June 14, as Regional trains are not yet online for later dates, though times after will probably be the same or similar. Should have though of all that.

As the bus is a Trenitalia bus substituting for a train, I assume it starts in the station forecourt.

lebanon
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: stresa to malpensa..bus or train?

Yes,it was the date.Thank you for clarifying.I can see it now:))I think we will take that train,my husband didnt fancy the idea of me spending 5 hours in the duty free shops:))

5. Re: stresa to malpensa..bus or train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Stresa
Recent Conversations