We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Bars or Wine Stores

Youngstown OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Bars or Wine Stores

We will be staying at Hotel La Palma in Stresa. Can anyone suggest a wine bar or better yet a wine store that would be close by the hotel?

Thank you

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Bars or Wine Stores

Ok, turn right out of your hotel walking in towards the town. Before you reach the church turn right and go up the small street (Principessa Margherita) About 20 metres on your right you have a wine bar called Buscon.

There is a great wine shop near to this wine bar too called La Cambusa. It is opposite the Chemist which you will see when sat at the Buscon wine bar.

HOpe this helps

Youngstown OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Bars or Wine Stores

Thank you Stresa!! That sounds like exactly what I needed.

Diane

Columbus
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine Bars or Wine Stores

Hopefully, you haven't gone on your trip yet. La Cambusa is fabulous!!! Just ask in town for directions because I don't remember exactly how to get there. But you will love it. The owner, Rosemarie (I think), is absolutely charming and full of knowledge. She'll set up a wine tasting for you (free) complete with yummy little bites to go along with the wine. When I go back, I can't wait to visit LaCambusa! I hope you'll go!

Columbus
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine Bars or Wine Stores

Hopefully, you haven't gone on your trip yet. La Cambusa is fabulous!!! Just ask in town for directions because I don't remember exactly how to get there. But you will love it. The owner, Rosemarie (I think), is absolutely charming and full of knowledge. She'll set up a wine tasting for you (free) complete with yummy little bites to go along with the wine. When I go back, I can't wait to visit LaCambusa! I hope you'll go!

Raleigh, North...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine Bars or Wine Stores

Hi All. My husband and I would love to stay at the Hotel La Palma in Stresa. Does anyone have a direct email address to the hotel? We plan to visit Oct 8th, and we will be arriving by train. Anyone know how far hotel is from train station.

Thanks

Carolyn

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine Bars or Wine Stores

The direct address is:

info@hlapalma.it

The hotel is 5 minute downhill walk from station. Turn right out of station, at traffic light turn left downhill. La Palma is on your right

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine Bars or Wine Stores

Just got back yesterday. La Palma is beautiful. Wonderful choice. The wine shop you need to visit is La Cambusa. Walk to the right when you leave your hotel to church. Between church and Milan Du Lac turn right and La Cambusa wine shop is at end about 50 feet. Tell them Deborah suggested you visit.

Shopkeepers are Rosaria and Vita. Their son also works there. His name is Rueben. THeir daughters are Sarah and Beatrice. Great people. Great wine.

Get answers to your questions about Stresa