We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Verona & Venice

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Milan to Verona & Venice

Hi all,

I have 3 days 2 nights to spend in Milan and I wanted to make as much of the trip as possible.

I was wondering if it was possible to go to both Verona & Venice from Milan in the same day? I booked the hotel for 2 nights in Milan since Venice seems to only be 3 hours away. Is that a good idea?

Thanks in advance!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan to Verona & Venice

Ciao,

Verona and Venice are both a (at least) day trip from Milan.

You cannot squeeze in 2 cities that would take no less than a week to visit, in a single day, minus 6 hrs for train....

Unless you want to set your foot on Venice ground just to hop on the return train straight away.

Boston...
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan to Verona & Venice

so it sounds like i can only spend 1 day in milan and 1 day in venice or verona...if that's the case...which city woudl you recommend?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan to Verona & Venice

Hi LiL,

absolutely Venice!!!!!!!!!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan to Verona & Venice

Well with 3 days:

1 Milan

1 Verona

1 Venice

if you can handle it, otherwise pick one.

Venice is unique, but with 1 day only you'll just get a taste of it.

Verona makes more sense in 1 day, IMHO

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan to Verona & Venice

Just go to Venice and spend a day there, too beautiful to be missed! Only it's 2hrs 30 mins by train, so it's not a short trip. But you will arrive right in Venice, and there you can walk around and regret you did not spend longer!

ciao

Cla

6. Re: Milan to Verona & Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:26