We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan on a Monday

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Milan on a Monday

Hi,

I will be in Milan for about one day and a half, sadly the full day is a Monday..Im terribly interested in museums.

Anyway, here is what I plan to do..

Monday

Duomo ( will i be able to get to the roof on monday?)

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele

La Scala ( and maybe the museum..)

Castle ground of Castello Sforzesco

Is this logical? Too rushed or can i afford to see more things?

And any suggestions to why i can go on sunday -late afternoon and in the evening?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Galleria Restaurant & Pizza
Galleria Restaurant...
1,434 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Castello Sforzesco
Castello Sforzesco
10,744 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan on a Monday

Hi bluella,

it's a real pity your full day in Milan is a Monday, as you're interested in museums and Milan's best museums (Pinacoteca di Brera, Museo Poldi Pezzoli and the Castle Museums) are closed on Mondays.

I'm particularly sorry hat you won't be able to visit Poldi Pezzoli, which is probably my favourite.

Anyway, I've seen on Brera's site that the gallery is open till 7.15PM from Tuesday to Sunday, so that could be an idea for Sunday afternoon; highlights of Brera gallery are "The Virgin's wedding" by Raffaello, Mantegna's "Dead Christ" and a "Virgin Mary with baby Jesus and saints" by Piero della Francesca, and many more; if you manage to have two o thre hours to spend there on Sunday, don't miss it! Also, Brera neighbourhood is one of Milan's liveliest, so that could also be an idea for Sunday evening (I'm not an expert on nightlife and clubs anyway).

Your itinerary for Monday is perfectly reasonable, as all the sights you mention are very near; in fact I think you may also have some extra time to see more things; you may have a walk in the fashion district (via Montenapoleone, via della Spiga, ...), which is nice also if you're not interested in shopping; or you may visit Sant'Ambrogio, which is a romanic (and therefore: very ancient and simple) church dedicated to the saint protector of Milan (with a medieval golden altar).

I think you can visit the Duomo's roof on Mondays; check its site:

http://www.duomomilano.it

Have a nice trip!

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Pinacoteca di Brera
Pinacoteca di Brera
4,433 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Museo Poldi Pezzoli
Museo Poldi Pezzoli
987 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Brera Apartments
Brera Apartments
207 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Montenapoleone Suites
Montenapoleone Suites
263 Reviews
Milan, Italy
Via della Spiga
Via della Spiga
455 Reviews
Milan, Italy
2. Re: Milan on a Monday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 23:17