We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 posts
2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

Hello,

I'm flying with easyjet from Olbia to Milan - Malpensa Ter.2, I'll land at 10:00 and the next flight is at 12:50 Ter.1 to Sofia. Will I have enought time to check-in? I will travel only with cabin bag.

Thanl you in advance

7 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,613 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

The time frame you have, will be adequate to transfer. Shuttle operates between terminals 2 and 1 taking about ten minutes

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,013 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

It is probably doable if your incoming flight lands on time, but be aware that T2 (used by Easyjet) and T1 (used by all other airlines) are 4 km apart from each other. The shuttle leaves every 7 minutes in daytime.

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 posts
3. Re: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

Thanks to both of you

Europe
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
4. Re: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

The airline that will determine whether or not you are allowed to board that 12:50 MXP-SOF flight is Ryanair.

"Will I have enough time to check-in?" - Ryanair passengers are meant to check-in online prior to arriving at the airport, otherwise pay a hefty fee: "€70/£70 for passengers who have not checked-in online at least 4 hours before scheduled flight departure". As for the closing off of boarding at the gate, Ryanair says "Boarding closes 20 minutes before departure".

Nevertheless, the usual advice given by international airports is to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours prior to flight departure, and Malpensa is no exception [ milanomalpensa-airport.com/en/…check-in ]. If all goes well for your 10:00 T2 flight arrival, then you "should" probably be able to make your 12:50 T1 Ryanair MXP-SOF flight departure. If there are any significant hiccups, then timing will become much tighter.

For details and Google Streetviews of the bus stop locations for that terminal shuttle (called simply "Airport Bus") at both Malpensa T1 and T2 terminals, please read the forum thread from just last year appropriately entitled "Malpensa shuttle between terminals" [ https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18784… ].

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,013 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

Actually, the OP has come and gone by now. It would be interesting to have some feedback...

6. Re: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 August 2018, 14:38

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 posts
7. Re: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?

Hi,

Finally i can write some feedback as our traveling was previous week. We did not have any problems with timing. Transfer from T2 to T1 took around 10-15 min.Тhe biggest queue was when we crossed of the border police, but it did not take more than 20 minutes to pass it. Everything took around 60 min: from the landing of T2 to the gate to T1. I was bought fast fast tract tickets for all of us f, but we didn't use them.

Reply to: 2 hour and 50 min to change a flight in Malpensa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted