We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone heard of Binasco?

belfast
9 posts
Save Topic
anyone heard of Binasco?

i'm staying in Binasco, Hotel Comtur, Via Europa. Has anyone heard of this area, and is it a good place to stay ie safe, convenient, scenic etc.

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,196 reviews
from US$163.80*
Lake Como Day Tour, Bellagio or...
1,448 reviews
from US$100.30*
Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan...
1,114 reviews
from US$95.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Milan Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
3,790 reviews
from US$87.60*
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,157 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone heard of Binasco?

No! I have cousins who live in Binasco. It's flat, not very scenic, and not near anything you would really want to see.

Milano, Italy
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone heard of Binasco?

Binasco is a suburb of Milano. Don't know how safe it is but of course it is not a nice place to stay for vacation. There is nothing interesting to do7see there and it takes a lot to reach Milano.

Maybe you can cancel your reservation and choose another hotel...

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone heard of Binasco?

Hi cpd,

I've actually never been to Binasco (even though I've heard of it), but I suppose it's just on ordinary residential town like many others; I suppose you shouldn't expect nightlife or lots of restaurants and clubs there.

I've typed 'comtur' in the search box above and I've found your hotel; there is one review in English, which describes quite in detail the means of transport you should use (that is: bus from Bergamo airport to Milan; underground to Famagosta stop; bus from Famagosta to Binasco); this is useful also for transport to central Milan every day from your hotel.

Check that review, you'll find it useful.

Bye

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone heard of Binasco?

The only notable thing about Binasco that springs to mind is Kartell, the famous design furniture manufacturer, whose HQs (and I think also a factory outlet) are located in Biasco. Other than that, as previous poster siad, it's flat and pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

There are frequent buses to Milan's Famagosta metro stop (travel time 30 minutes).

5. Re: anyone heard of Binasco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 17:19