We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best designer Outlet in Milan

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
65 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Best designer Outlet in Milan

Hi,

We will be in milan for a just three days. And along with a lot to see in the city, we will also want to shop!! Can someone please tell us the Best designer outlet in Milan, so that just one visit can fullfill all our shopping needs.

Thanks

Los Angeles, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

Foxtown Factory Store in Chiasso is supposed to have all the big designers. I hear you can catch the train from Milan to Chiasso and that it takes about an hour. I haven't been yet, but plan to go next week. Has anyone else heard anything about this place??

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

Hi!Foxtown is my favourite outlet, even if it is in Switzerland and not in Italy!

I think that you can easily reach it by train from milan (1 hour +/-), and it seems to me that there is a shuttle bus from mendrisio or chiasso train station that takes you there (5 min.).

I am managing a trip to for tomorrow, if you want on sunday I could report my last bargains;)!

There are a lot of outlets in North Italy, a big one at Serravalle (half way between Milan and Genoa), but for me foxtown remains the best!

It has Prada, gucci, versace, etro, valentino, loro piana, ysl and many other shops inside.

It is open every day except christmas, new year and easter from 11 to 19.

And please, keep it a secret!;))

London
Level Contributor
65 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

Hi pangola,

Please do let us know how your trip was !!

Thanks

S_R

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

Hi, I am here to review my last visit to Foxtown..! I bought a wallet, a nylon beauty case and two pair of trousers at Prada: I spent in all 200 euros!And they had also some beautiful bags of the last seasons (about 300 euros each).

Gucci had a lot of wonderful boots, but only small sizes, some nice wallets (about 120 euros), some nice red bags, and there I bought a tie for my husband (45 euros).

They have great dress (really wonderful for new year's Eve) at Valentino, with 30% discount on outlet price (however too expensive!)

A tip: in my opinion friday is the best day of the week to go to, because on weekends there is really a crowd (and they have a limited number of pieces, so you risk to find empty shelves!)while on monday or tuesday they usually has not yet been stock with new items.

...if you want some specific news, just ask, I am glad to talk about my second favourite hobby...shopping! (the first is obviously to travel!)

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

I have found a website for that outlet, below

www.foxtown.ch/mendrisio/us/welcome.html

It looks great and I will certainly be paying a visit on my next trip to Milan. Any idea of how regular trains are from Milan and how much it costs?

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

X Mairead: I think you may find a train about every hour, it should cost about 8/10 euros each way.

I do not know if you have to change train at Chiasso for Mendrisio or not.

New York
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

Hi,

I am going to Milan on 09/22, and am doing some research on outlet mall here. Came across this post. Has anyone been to the Mall in Florence? Can someone tell me which place has better selections of stuff and better price? Thanks!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

There is actually an outlet in Milan itself it's called

"il Salvagente" and is located at via Fratelli Bronzetti, 16. It's opening hours are from 10-12.30 & 10am -7pm Wednesday & Saturday.

I don't know what the prices are like normally because I only go during the sales (The queues are huge on the 1st day of the sales) but I've picked up great deals on Prada & Armani.

Milan Italy
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

Hello

This is Anton Anderssen, professor of Travel Agency at Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn Michigan. I have been to Foxtown and McArthur Glen, and I like Foxtown better. In the center of Milan is a giant castle. This is where the tour busses leave. There is a luxury coach that goes non stop to foxtown. The round trip rate is 10 Euro. They also go to the Orio Serio Bergamo Airport and to Gardaland. The bus is run by Zani Viaggi. Online reservations at www.ZaniViaggi.it phone 011 39 02 867131 You can skip McArthur Glen outlet in Serravalle, which is halfway down to the riviera.

Milan Italy
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best designer Outlet in Milan

The expensive shops are in the fashion triangle downtown. But there is a street with more reasonable prices, called Corso Buenos Aires and Via Paolo Sarpi. Buenos Aires street location is close to Best Western Hotel Galles or Hotel Cristoforo Colombo Best Western.