We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

How is the Holiday Inn-Milan near Garibaldi station? We r thinking of booking this hotel. I want to be in Porto Garibaldi district. Good Choice??

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

Presume you mean 'Corso Garibaldi' -- Porto Garibaldi is a beach resort on the Adriatic Sea, so nothing to do with Milan!

Well, names may sometimes be misleading -- The Holiday Inn Garibaldi is in fact on the other (far) side of the Garibaldi station, so quite far away from Corso Garibaldi and Corso Como (at least 15 minutes walking), although there are excellent tram connections to the center (Duomo and Castle areas).

The hotel itself is well, the usual holiday inn. It's fairly new, however (built 3 - 4 years ago).

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

I am staying there on business from 21st September to 26th September. Have seen it from outside (not great area for walking around at night), but the lobby area looked good and think the rooms are typical Holiday Inn - which is fine as I know what to expect. Apparently Tram No. 3 takes one directly to Duomo and there is a supermarket 3 minutes away.

I'll let you know.

Ciao ciao

Sue

Johannesburg

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

I am staying there on business from 21st September to 26th September. Have seen it from outside (not great area for walking around at night), but the lobby area looked good and think the rooms are typical Holiday Inn - which is fine as I know what to expect. Apparently Tram No. 3 takes one directly to Duomo and there is a supermarket 3 minutes away.

I'll let you know.

Ciao ciao

Sue

Johannesburg

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

Have just come back from 5 nights at Holiday Inn Garibaldi. When are you going?

P.S. The Station is Porta Garibaldi, but Porta with an a on the end.

south
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

How far is it to the convention center?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

hello iluvitalia1:

Last January, my family and I were housed at the "Holiday Inn Lorenteggio" (Milan).

It is a great 4 star hotel, not exactly in the centre of Milan, but at 15 minutes and with the bus in front of the entrance of the hotel that you left in the area of tourist attractions. The ticket was sold in the hotel's concierge.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable, well lit and clean , with flat screen TV, minibar, and with a modern decoration.

The bathroom is complete and very comfortable.

The breakfast is varied, delicious, and abundant ... you can repeat that almost did not feel desire for lunch.

The staff, from the manager until the maids, were very kind and always well prepared with the guests.

We like it very much and certainly what I suggest!

federal-hotel.it/en/hotel-holiday-inn-milan-…

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

First of all, the Holiday Inn Lorenteggio and the one at Garibaldi station are two different hotels, and miles apart from each other.

From the Garibaldi Inn t the Rho Fiera fairgrounds (assuming this is what previous poster called 'convention center'), take #4 tram towards the city center to the end of the line at Cairoli metro stop, hence the red underground line to the end of line at Rho Fiera. Note that the Fiera id technically outside Milan city limits, so the regular 1 euro ticket is NOT enought -- you need an ''interurbano'' ticket which if I'm not mistaken costs around 2 euro -- buy it at newsstands.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

How was your stay there? We will be there at the end of October.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

I will definitely stay there again in January 2009.

The room was spacious and bright (see my tripadvisor review) and the bathroom was HUGE for European standard.

Breakfasts were standard Holiday Inn, hot and cold, but good and lots of it.

My room was next to elevator, 502, which was a slight problem - ask for a room away from the elevator, i.e. 04, 06, 08 etc. Occasionally you can hear the shudder of the trams, but generally the hotel is very quiet.

It is definitely a business hotel rather than for tourists. If you want to do shopping etc, and be near to hotel to pop in during the day, I suggest you stay elsewhere.

It is near to the Porta Garibaldi Station/business area of Milan, and has wonderful transport network outside the door, but not a nice area to walk around at night.

The Atahotel Executive around the corner is a great hotel and better area - right next door to Corso Como, and opposite the Station. This might be a better bet for you, great weekend rates, but more expensive than Holiday Inn during the week.

Atahotel is a genuine 4 star ++ hotel.

10. Re: Holiday Inn- Garibaldi Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 02:17