We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

Can anyone share their views/ recommendations between the various outlet malls in terms of good deals and variety? I am quite confused with the conflicting reviews.

Essentially I am interested to know which of the following are worth making a trip to:

1) Foxtown Mendriso

2) The Mall at Florence

3) McArthur Glen Serravalle (near Milan)

4) McArthur Glen Barberino

thanks!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

#3 is said to be the largest in Italy, but it is not anywhere near Milan -- it takes more than an hour from the city.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

#3 is said to be the largest outlet mall in Italy, but it is not anywhere near Milan -- it takes more than an hour from the city.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
956 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

Number 3, hands down!

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
106 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

I was at Serravalle this year at the sales (early Jan 08) and I wasn't that impressed. The regular prices didn't seem low at all, which is what I'd expect for an outlet mall, and the sale prices were okay but not fantastic. Maybe that was partly because I earn USD and the Euro was strong.

It does have all the major Italian stores though, and is huge.

I haven't been to the other three, though have heard good things about Foxtown too.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

Agree, no bargains to be found at either Serravalle or The Mall, Florence. Just found Serravalle had more options as much bigger.

Very good deals on hard covered Samsonite suitcases on 4 wheels though. Boring, I know, but I am going back again in 6 weeks to buy yet another from the Samsonite shop at Serravalle.

6. Re: Outlet Malls - Florence vs Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 16:18