We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Milan Accomodation?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Central Milan Accomodation?

Hello,

We will be in Milan for just 2 nights in October, and would like to stay somewhere very central, walking distance to the railway station and shopping area.

Can anyone can help with suggestions please.

Thankyou.

Helen.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Milan Accomodation?

Hi we are from the Sunshine Coast. We are going to spend 10 weeks in Italy starting July. After a lot of research we have booked the EuroHotel. It is quite close to the Duomo and the Last Supper apparently about 1 stop on the train. It isnt close to the main railway station because I read that the area around the railway station wasnt a very safe area at night. It is aboubt 10 euro in a cab apparently, but there is shopping around the hotel and also quite a few resturants for dinner.

It is a budget hotel but new renovated. Have a look at their website. I am not sure of your budget. We emailed them direct and got a rate of 75 euro per night, for a double room with a safe and fridge, newly renovated. Venere has it listed at a much more expensive rate and so do other websites. Read the reviews on Venere and Trip Advisor.

The email address is info@eurohotelmilano.it.

They have been very helpful with very good english and even helped with getting Last Supper tickets.

Let me know what you think

A

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Milan Accomodation?

Hi, I aree with Janderra saying that the area near the central train station is not safe, it's exactly so! Muche better the area near the Duomo or the La Scala theatre. The "top" shopping area is on Via Manzoni/Via Montenapoleone/Via Spiga (this is called the "fashion triangle" since all the designers shops are there. Also it's very good the area of GALLERIA and walking to SAN BABILA, this is along the side of the Duomo and further.

I don't know the hotel she is suggesting but I can also reccomend you a small nice hotel right behind La Scala, HOTEL STAR/Via de' Bossi - It's a 3 stars, you can look at the site:

http://www.hotelstar.it

BYE!!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Milan Accomodation?

The railway station in Milan isn't central.

The main upmarket shopping areas of Milan are around Duomo, San Babila, via Montenapoleone, via de la Spiga etc as the other poster suggested.

However, good accommodation around the Duomo is extremely expensive.

Public transport in Milan is cheap, easy and efficient.

Good value for money is the Holiday Inn Garibaldi Station.

All methods of tranport are available within minutes. 12 to 15 minutes on tram to Duomo, the tram stop being outside the door.

Walking distance to Corso Como.

4. Re: Central Milan Accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 06:17