We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi vs. metro in Milan

Glendale
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi vs. metro in Milan

We will be arriving at the central train station in Milan on a Friday at about noon. Our hotel is 4and a half miles across town. We could take the metro or a taxi. Forgetting expense, which would be quicker and/or easier - we will have luggage to deal with.

United States
Level Contributor
9,881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi vs. metro in Milan

I just took a taxi and it took me 3x longer with all the traffic than if I had taken the Metro. That being said a taxi would be more convenient I thnk if you have luggage. The Metro is often crowded and you may not find a place to sit for the journey. Also most staions have some stairs to negotiate.

TAB

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi vs. metro in Milan

Well if the hotel is just outside a metro station then metro will be quicker, otherwise taxi is more convenient. This is an obvious answer and if you don't give more infos it's difficult to say anything more than this.

Glendale
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi vs. metro in Milan

The hotel is within 100m. of the Metro stop.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi vs. metro in Milan

Agree, the metro would be quicker, assuming you do not have to change lines carrying luggage and also depending how tired you are. Not sure if you arriving after a long flight and then possibly a one hour bus trip from Malpensa.

The Metro system is quick and efficient and cheap, although this does not seem to be your concern.

A taxi will be more relaxing and easier for your luggage, but there will be traffic problems. Actually quite difficult to answer this question - it is like comparing apples with pears.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi vs. metro in Milan

"Forgetting expense" then definitely a taxi.

London, UK
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi vs. metro in Milan

The Milan Metro is very fast and simple to navigate...once you bought your tickets! Unless you have loads of luggage that's going to be difficult to trek up & down stairs with, then I would suggest you take the Metro.

7. Re: Taxi vs. metro in Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 05:17