We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach resort close to Milan

Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Beach resort close to Milan

Hi there,

Thinking about visiting Milan this coming summer (jul/aug 2010) for a few days, and I would like to combine it with a week at a nice and relaxed "beach resort" with a genuine Italian feel to it (hate touristtraps). Is there any of easy reach (train) from Milan? I would be truly thankful if you could guide me in some direction since right now I´m completely lost. ;-)

Milan Private Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Italy Segway Tours
Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach resort close to Milan

Maybe I should clarify "easy reach". I don´t mind a few hours train ride, but some where were it is easy to arrive from Milan, since Í´m travelling only with public transport. I´ll fly in and out from Milan.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,972 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach resort close to Milan

For places on the west side of Genoa, with direct trains from Milan in less than three hours, good sandy beaches and with a 'genuine Italian feel', look at Albenga, Finale Ligure and Alassio. There are also smaller cities along the same part of the coast (for example Laigueglia, Andora) which could be more relaxed, but will require a change of train.

On the east side of Genoa (where most of the beaches are not as good), look at Chiavari and especially Sestri Ligure. Also very easily accessible but with few direct trains, look at Camogli (very beautiful city but with a not very large pebble beach) and Lavagna.

Wherever you go, July will be much more relaxed than August - mid-August will be frenetic anywhere on the coast.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach resort close to Milan

Camogli is a very good choice: it's one of the nicest small towns near Genova, it has a large beach, with a well equipped free-area (in most beaches in Liguria you can hardly find a free access to the sea). There are no cars in the center of the town, and it's a very typical place. Book in advance, there are just a couple of hotels and they're probably fully booked in summertime. On the seafront you'll find a gelateria where they sell the best granita you can eat (it's the one near hotel Casmona, not the one down the road under the arch).

4. Re: Beach resort close to Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 05:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question