We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow
2 posts
Save Topic
When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Pls, does anybody has trustwothy info when Summer Sale in Milano starts in 2010???

I already booked tickets on 14 July, shall I change it not to miss the best bargains??

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Ask again in a few weeks. Last year's sale dates were announced on April 7, but this year's announcement may be delayed because of the recent regional elections.

Last year's sales started on July 4.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,857 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Summer sales in Milan always start the first Saturday in July, come hell or high water.

Moscow
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

FF, many thanks! What is the situation after 10 days from the sale has begun, I will be able to find pretty staff, providing I have xs and x size or should I change dates?? Info really terribly needed!! )) Many thanks in advance!!

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,857 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

10 days in the sales season you should still be able to find plenty of stuff (although I am not an authority on fashion issues....).

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
910 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Let me try and help.

I work in the Fashion Industry and have just returned from Milan last week. I do work only in Menswear, but I shop in Milan for myself...shock shock!

I was in Milan for the January sales and will be in Milan on business at the end of July and will also visit the sales.

You do not have to change your dates. The sales go on forever. I am not sure what you are looking for or where you are intending to shop i.e. at the high end Stores or the Corso Buenos Aires area.

Why I am saying this is, don't expect huge bargains at the top end shops/top International brands. They are still expensive on sale.

Obviously you will find "bargain"s at the lower end stores.

The most I managed at Stores such as Max Mara etc., was a 20% discount. Trussardi, etc. at La Rinascente, I purchased some items 40% off.

One of my favourite stores on the Corso Como (Pinko) - not sure if this is advertising - advised their sales commence first Saturday of July. I did not ask any other shops I visited last week.

Personally, I do not feel you need to change your booking, but if you wish to be here on day one, that is obviously your choice.

I am allergic to queues!

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Hi. I am getting confusing message (from different sources) about going to Italy in the months of July and August. I was told that shops will be closed as the weather is too hot and locals will go on vacation. However the Summer Sale is on during the months of July and August.

I plan to go Italy from 7 August to 15 August 2010. Is it a good time to go to Italy? I supposed the sale is still on?

I would like to go sightseeing, shopping. Thanks for your advice.

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Hi. I am getting confusing message (from different sources) about going to Italy in the months of July and August. I was told that shops will be closed as the weather is too hot and locals will go on vacation. However the Summer Sale is on during the months of July and August.

I plan to go Italy from 7 August to 15 August 2010. Is it a good time to go to Italy? I supposed the sale is still on?

I would like to go sightseeing, shopping. Thanks for your advice.

Save Reply
8. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Yes anybody please give us some advice. I plan to go around 10 August also. I hope to be able to get some 50%+ discounts also on the cheaper brands (Benneton, MaxMara).

But I also heard that it's best to avoid August for shopping in Milan because most of the stores are closed for 1 or more weeks.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
910 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

Max Mara is not a cheaper brand, it is extremely expensive.

You might be lucky with 50% off, but not with any of the top brands.

Enjoy.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,022 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When does 2010 Summer Sale start in Milano???

As FF says sales begin at the beginning of July so you won't find many interesting things left in August and most of the shops close for summer holidays: 15th August is usually the "peak" of hols.

Fidenza Village Outlet (you can get there by direct bus from Milan) says in it's newsletter that Pre-sales are beginning next week!

/www.fidenzavillage.com/en_GB/cat/women

Bye :)