We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to send flowers to friend in Tortona (near Milan)?

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to send flowers to friend in Tortona (near Milan)?

Hello all, just returned from a wonderful trip to Italy that included staying with a family friend in Tortona, which is about an hour due south of Milan (in Alessandria). I'd like to send her some flowers as a thank you, but am not sure what companies/ delivery services are legit and good quality. I have found floraqueen.com and arenaflowers.com which both appear to deliver there. I'm looking to send an orchid.

Any ideas? I don't speak Italian, otherwise I'd just call up a flower shop in Tortona and order them directly.

Thanks in advance!

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,196 reviews
from US$162.20*
Lake Como Day Tour, Bellagio or...
1,448 reviews
from US$99.30*
Skip the Line: Small-Group Milan...
1,117 reviews
from US$94.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Milan Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
3,789 reviews
from US$86.80*
FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,528 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to send flowers to friend in Tortona (near Milan)?

International flower delivery services are expensive but I don;t think you have alternatives.

You might see if a florist near you is affiliated with the Interflora service, in which case you could order and pay directly through him.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to send flowers to friend in Tortona (near Milan)?

We and my parents have exchanged birthday and anniversary flowers between Ischia and Norfolk, England through Interflora for several years now and it's not been noticably more expensive than when we were doing the same from London.

Of course at the moment the exchange rate situation doesn't favour Brits or Americans paying for anything in Italy, but then it's a long way to mail any other type of gift !

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/123657545

Peter

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to send flowers to friend in Tortona (near Milan)?

I recently sent flowers to someone in Vancouver from Johannesburg.

I found it cheaper to google florists in Vancouver, telephone them and pay over the phone by credit card, than pay the international interflora fee.

We confirmed the message I wanted on the card via email.

You can phone via skype to a landline which will also save costs.

Yes, it was risky, but once I spoke to the person on the telephone, I was at ease and all went well. She had been running the business for 19 years and was somewhat offended which I told her I was a little concerned at what I was doing.

Not sure if you want to take that risk.

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How to send flowers to friend in Tortona (near Milan)?

Thanks for the responses. Due to the language barrier I was hesitant to attempt to call a local florist. I ended up using ArenaFlowers.com to send an orchid arrangement. So far the service has been excellent-- they sent me an email today that they called prior to attempting delivery and found out she is out of town so have arranged delivery when she will be there.

And I think sending flowers even to another state in the US is just always expensive, so the prices for international delivery weren't as bad as I was expecting.

5. Re: How to send flowers to friend in Tortona (near Milan)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 05:17