We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona or Lake Como?

Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Verona or Lake Como?

My husband and I will be going to Milan next weekend and plan to spend Saturday visiting the sites of Milan and Sunday, taking a quick day trip to Lake Como or Verona. Does anyone have an opinion on which one would be a better place to visit? We have been to Lugano, Switzerland, which I hear is prettier than Como, so let me know your thoughts. We are mostly looking to just go to a place that is not like any other and I have heard great things about Verona. Let me know!

Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,209 Reviews
from US$161.40*
Milan Walking Tour, The Last Supper...
1,128 Reviews
from US$93.90*
Lake Como Day Tour, Bellagio or...
1,457 Reviews
from US$98.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Milan Sightseeing Tour with da...
3,800 Reviews
from US$86.30*
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona or Lake Como?

It depends on whether you want a day by a lake, or a day in a town.....

Verona is special - there is the great Roman amphitheatre and some pretty 'squares' with buildings that have had paintings on the walls.... etc. ancient / historic buildings - churches, lots of art (inside the churches and elsewhere.... lovely ice -cream and an incredible restaurant (book ahead ) called 'Il Cenacolo ..... check out the website.

Como is a lake.... there are pretty towns around, the vegetation will be different .... Verona has gardens, but they are not 'pretty pretty'.... you can't compare these places... I haven't looked at the distances involved, whether you're going by car or public transport. If you really can't choose - go for the closest ... to give you more time there to enjoy the place. You can go to the other place next time you're in Italy - after all... half a day isn't long enough anywhere, is it ?

Richmnd BC
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona or Lake Como?

Nolana is right. It is really a personal choice but I can tell you that Bellagio which is only a 20 mins ferry ride from Como is absolutely stunning. Have lunch at one of the lake side cafe, enjoy the scenery! Plenty of shopping to do there too. If you have the time please visit, you and your husband will not be disappointed.

Happy Travel.

Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona or Lake Como?

Thank you for your input! They both sound lovely. I think we have decided to let the weather choose for us.

Rainy or cloudy - Verona

Sunny and nice - Bellagio

4. Re: Verona or Lake Como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 05:18