We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan for two-days assistance needed

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Milan for two-days assistance needed

It's short yes and originally wasn't in the plans but we've booked two-nights here in August,

What I do know is that we've got to see that Duomo. The 2nd day we are there we have tickets for the seeing the Lord's Supper, so so very thrilled with that but what to else to do on this stay? I was thinking of seeing the cemetary.

What I'd like to know from you is if you only had two-nights in Milan what would you not MISS?

all ideas welcome and appreciated :)

-jeannette

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

Go to Lake Como Jeanette!!

Como, Varenna, Bellagio... from Milan:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187849-i143-k4490…

Vagabonda

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

In august the city will be in standby, so you won't see Milan real soul that is the buzz and the nightlife.

Cope with that seeing at ease museums... Ambrosiana, castle, museo del novecento, Brera, bagatti valsecchi, poldi pezzoli... More art than what you can dream of.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

But even the Milanese flee the city's heat for the lakes, coast and mountains...

Vagabonda

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

If the weather is not too hot Milan can be quite nice in August, with less crowd and less traffic, albeit many shops closed. Check on the Milan guide pages of Tripadvisor all the things to see, certainly a lot more things to see than going to the Cemetery, unless you are a lover of this type of art...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187849-c116422/Milan…

Edited: 30 May 2011, 11:38
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

I don't think I'll have enough time for the Lake Vagabonda :(

i'll be arriving late afternoon or evening, than the lord's supper is in the evening the next day, i looked up those places, incredibly beautiful and now you've planted a seed. ty as always !

grazie claudio and cla114, i'm off to check that link now,

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

An excuse to return Jeanette!

What to do in Milan:

tripadvisor.com/…15492110

Milan and the Lakes in June 2011: help!!!:

tripadvisor.com/…31437580

Vagabonda :-)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

that's what i'm thinking sweet girl :)

so what about that cemetary? so taken with jeff's photos from genoa, is this place a long the same lines? I love scuptures.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,860 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

Milan is really hot in the summer, and the cemetery wouldn't be where I would go, but that's your call Jeannette!!

I would be on Lake Como...

Vagabonda

CA
Level Contributor
549 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

I agree that Jeff's pictures were amazing. I was in Genoa about ten years ago and I sure would have visited there had I known about it.

I'm in Milan for one evening before I fly home in Sept. For now I'm going to skip the Lord's Supper and only explore the area around the Duomo and find a great place for a last Italian meal to remember. I start in Sicily, and drive to Milan over 15 nights spent along the way.

Plus who knows what time I will actually get to Milan as the wife has some towns she wishes to visit on the drive from Tuscany to Milan.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Milan for two-days assistance needed

I was in Milan recently for just one day and the first place i visited was the cemetery.

I have to say its one of the most amazing places i have ever seen.

If you like architecture you can Not miss this.

You could easily spend a whole day here if you looked at just half of the graves on display.

The Duomo is a gimme, and even more so a visit up to the roof, as i'm sure you already have planned.

The Parco Sempione is also worth a visit on a nice day.

A few things to see here including the Napoleon arch, and right next door you have the Castello Sforzesco and a free Aquarium, which has some lovely fish on display.