We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

direct Frecciarossa train

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
direct Frecciarossa train

Does the Frecciarossa train still run direct twice dailyfrom Malpensa without having to change trains in Milan Central Station to go on to Florence? I see the 12:22 train on the Trenitalia timetable but not the 19:22 train. Did the schedule change?

Thank you, T

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,241 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: direct Frecciarossa train

There will be a schedule change on 12 June. If a train is not listed, then it will not run.

Edited: 30 May 2011, 16:49
Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: direct Frecciarossa train

Thanks. It was there in Sept but must have been DC'd with the current schedule. I return the 10th actually, but thanks anyhow.

T

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: direct Frecciarossa train

The 19.22 from MXP to Florence does show on the current timetable (until 11 June), but it appears as if it will be maintained also after the June 12 timetable change.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: direct Frecciarossa train

Ok, the 19:22 Freccia train comes up for ticketing on other dates. Can it be sold out for June 4? Does anyone know if they limit online pre-sales and hold seats to be avail at the station?

I should arrive in time to make the earlier train with the change in Central Station, but good to know options.

Thanks,

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: direct Frecciarossa train

It could be that it doesn't run on Saturdays and Sundays, but I am just speculating.

Edited: 31 May 2011, 19:51
Miami
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: direct Frecciarossa train

I'm arriving from Madrid and I'm planning on connecting to Florence on the 7:22 pm Le Freccia train.

My flight arrives at 6:10pm. Do you think I'll have enough time to catch the train?

I have lounge to pick up.

I would really appreciate your prompt response as I'm traveling next week.

Thanks

7. Re: direct Frecciarossa train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2012, 07:20